Chewy Blueberry Almond Granola Bars
Sweet and chewy blueberry almond granola bars. Packed with wholesome ingredients, these bars are great for breakfast or a snack. No baking required.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond almonds.
Long time ago, when I found out, that I can make my own granola bars at home I was impressed!
I’ve always been a huge granola bar fan, but we all know – most store bought bars don’t taste so good. Dry, packed with sugar and most of the time pretty hard (I don’t want to break a tooth!), I have not bought any in a while.
These bars could be made in 1 hour and also hold their shape very well.
I like these for breakfast (sweet breakfast!) or post workout snack.
I’m starting to get a little lazy with breakfast lately. I’ll make something like crepes or omelette on the weekends, but during the week – I’ll something that does not require cooking like granola or granola bars. I’m so glad I made these! Their fresh sweet blueberry flavor is perfect for the season.
I recently had the opportunity to try Blue Diamond’s Oven Roasted Blueberry Almonds (no artificial colors or flavors) and their Salted Caramel Almonds. To be honest, I rarely (almost never) get sweet almonds.
I’ve always preferred their savory flavored almonds. But I’m in love with these sweet ones. I’ve found my new favorite snacks!
The Oven Roasted Blueberry almonds have the most amazing blueberry coating, bursting with fruit flavor. They are also rich in antioxidant Vitamin E.
The salted caramel almonds are coated with sweet and salty flavor are perfect for snacking or trail mixes.
For the chewy blueberry almond bars, Inspired by these amazing Blue Diamond almond flavors, I decided to combine them and see what happens.
These bars are soft, chewy, packed with dried blueberries, a hint of caramel and also Blueberry and salted caramel almonds. If you decide to make the bars, you can use just one of the flavored almonds -either salted caramel or blueberry, but I went a little over excited how much I loved them and used both.
Have a great weekend!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup puffed cereal (puffed quinoa or puffed millet is ideal)
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsalted almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey (you can use up to 1/3 but the bars will be sweet)
- 1 tbsp caramel sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (divided)
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond oven roasted blueberry almonds
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond salted caramel almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- Over medium-low heat, melt 2 tsp coconut oil in a medium skillet and toast oats for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Roughly chop almonds.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, puffed cereal, almonds, blueberries, vanilla, salt,flax meal, coconut oil, almond butter, honey and caramel sauce. Mix to combine.
- Cover 8x8 inch baking dish parchment paper or plastic wrap. Spray with cooking spray.
- Transfer mixture to the dish and press it to pack it tightly. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut into 8 bars. Keep refrigerated for up to 10 days.
!!! These bars are sweet, because of the almond butter, sweet blueberries and already sweetened almonds. You might want to reduce the amount of honey or omit the caramel sauce, if you don't like them too sweet.
Blue Diamond Recipes