Coconut Almond Goji Berry Granola Recipe
Coconut Almond Goji Berry Granola, made in a skillet, nutritious and perfect for breakfast.
There is a picture overload in this post!
I’ve become pretty bad with breakfast in the last two weeks. I changed my workout routine and started having just a smoothie in the morning.
But I was missing my granola, so I decided to make some. I wonder how I survived two weeks without granola? It only took me 20 minutes to make this on the stove top.
I also loaded is with some good stuff like shredded coconut, almonds, raisins and dried goji berries. I try to make different kinds of granola all the time, but this recipe is already one of my favorite ones!
Making granola on the stove top saves so much time! In this recipe, it is important to toast the oats a little, but not dry them out completely. Then add some coconut oil and sweetener, almonds and shredded coconut. Add dried fruit like goji berries and raisins at the end. Why both goji berries and raisins? I like them both, but you can use just what you prefer.
Goji berries come from Asia and are used in Chinese medicine. They are usually available in their dried form here in the US. Natural antioxidant, rich in vitamin C and iron. I like to use them in granola, granola bars and smoothies.
Looking for a new crunchy, flavorful and easy to make granola recipe, why not try this one?
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- Heat a large skillet on the stove top on low heat. Add rolled oats and spread them to form an even layer. Toast for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut oil, salt and stir to incorporate. Toast for 5 more minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add maple syrup (2 Tbsp, if you don't like to too sweet and 3 Tbsp if you like it more sweet), stir to combine, be careful not to burn the syrup.
- Toast for 1-2 more minutes. Add shredded coconut and almonds. Toast for about 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until coconut and almonds are toasted, not burned. (Cook for as long as you like, depending on your taste).
- Remove from heat and add goji berries and raisins.
- Let it cool. Store in air tight container.
Makes 2 cups, nutritional info for 2 cups