Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe – Oreo cookie crust, light chocolate cheesecake, covered with chocolate ganache and topped with homemade chocolate whipped cream.
Happy Monday everyone!
Did you have a good weekend?
Mine was fine! But very short…
I also had to bake a couple of cakes for a friend’s party, so the weekend felt even shorter. At least I love what I do!
Now when I’m back on my workout routine, I feel that I can allow myself a slice (or two) of this decadent triple chocolate cheesecake. This seriously is so good!
The perfect combination of two of my favorite things – chocolate and cheesecake.
To be completely honest, I was never a huge fan of chocolate cheesecake.
While I love chocolate and cheesecake, the combination of the two was never appealing to me.
Until recently, when I started dreaming of a cheesecake loaded with chocolate flavor. And I decided to make one.
My husband had requested tiramisu. I was craving cheesecake.
So I ended up making both.
After a whole month of being lazy, sick and inactive, not eating too much sweets, I got active again and made a cheesecake. It’s been a while since last time I made baked cheesecake.
This dessert will be perfect for the coming holidays.
I often prefer the lighter, “mouse like” no bake cheesecakes, because they are so easy to make.
But this triple chocolate cheesecake is easy to make, too!
I baked it for just 1 hour, which allowed it to stay light, moist and fluffy.
Then I covered it in chocolate ganache and decorated with chocolate whipped cream. The whipped cream is optional. I just like the look of the cake with it. It looks fancier!
For the cheesecake batter, chocolate ganache and chocolate whipped cream I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can substitute with milk chocolate, if you’d like, but keep in mind that the dessert will taste sweeter.
Keep cheesecake ingredients at room temperature for easier mixing.
This triple chocolate cheesecake is perfect with a cup of coffee.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (16-17 cookies with the filling removed)
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 3 8 oz blocks cream cheese
- 3 oz semi sweet chocolate chips , melted
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup <g class="gr_ gr_170 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="170" data-gr-id="170">semi sweet</g> or dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar (or more if you prefer it sweeter)
- chocolate shavings for decoration
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Grease the sides and bottom of a spring form pan with cooking spray. I always line the bottom with parchment paper, so it is easier to separate the cake and the bottom of the pan.
- Wrap the bottom and the sides of the pan with 2-3 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil. (Important, because leaks will make a mess in the oven and burned butter may create smoke! It has hapenned to me many times...).
- In a bowl mix together cookie crumbs, butter and sugar and press tightly to the bottom of the pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together cream cheese and sugar. Add melted chocolate and mix to combine. Scrape down the bottom and the sides of the mixing bowl. Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition until incorporated. Add vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream. Beat to combine.
- Pour batter into the spring form pan. bake for 60-65 minutes, until the top of the cheesecake no longer looks glossy.
- Run a knife between the cake and the sides of the pan. Cool cake completely in the pan.
- In a saucepan, scald the whipping cream whipping cream. Melt in the semisweet chocolate chips over very low heat. Do not overheat the chocolate. I take it off the heat and stir until all the chocolate is melted. You may need to return it to the heat a couple of times to make it perfectly smooth. Cool almost to room temperature.
- Pour ganache over cooled cake and spread evenly over the top and sides with a decorators spatula.
- Over a double boiler melt the chocolate and whipping cream together, stir until smooth. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Whip heavy cream and powdered sugar until firm peaks. Add chocolate mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pipe some whipped cream on top of the cake. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Slice and enjoy.
More Cheesecake Recipes