Sablefish In Foil With Peppers And Olives
Sablefish In Foil With Peppers And Olives – a light dish, made with just a few ingredients and ready in 20 minutes. You can substitute with cod fish or tilapia if you can’t find sablefish.
Hey guys, happy Wednesday!
It is extremely cold around here and I can’t wait until Friday, when it is supposed to warm up a little, so I can make this fish again!
Sablefish, also known as “black cod” and a few other names is white fish, with light texture and mild flavor. I got mine from Sizzlefish. Feel free to check out their products here.
I eat fish once a week. The way I usually prepare it is on the grill. I don’t really mind grilling in the winter. But I often overcook my fish on the grill… Not that I don’t know how long it takes to cook, but I’m always multitasking and a minute or two can easily ruin your fish. Especially when your grill is is huge and powerful like ours.
I think I have a solution – next time you decide to grill some fish – wrap it in foil. You won’t be sorry! And you can also add in some peppers and olives like I did in this recipe.
I have a friend who absolutely refuses to cook fish, unless it is in foil. No wonder he always makes the best fish!
You can wrap fish in foil and grill it or even bake it. It will stay moist and full of flavor. There also will be less dishes to wash.
In this recipe I decided to go with a mix of peeled and chopped roasted red peppers, kalamata olives, lemon juice and parsley. I topped the fish with the mixture, then wrapped it tightly in the foil and grilled it at 400F for 15 minutes. The peppers and olives bring just enough flavor to the fish while keeping the dish still light.
- 2 3 oz sablefish or cod fish fillets
- 1 garlic clove , pressed
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives , chopped
- 1 medium roasted red peppers , peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon for serving
- heavy duty foil for grilling
- oil spray
- Preheat gas grill to 400F. Clean grates.
- In a bowl combine garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, olives, peppers, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cut 2 large pieces of foil. Spray the inside with oil spray. Place fish in the middle. Spread 1/2 of the mixture on top of each fish fillet. Crimp foil and wrap the fish in it.
- Grill at 400 F for 15 minutes. Carefully open the foil and serve.