One Pan Pork Chops With Balsamic Mushrooms And Onions
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AllNaturalPork #CollectiveBias
One Pan Pork Chops With Balsamic Mushrooms And Onions – quick, simple and delicious meal, made in just 30 minutes.
Looking for more one pan meal ideas?
Today’s One Pan Pork Chops With Balsamic Mushrooms And Onions has been a popular one in my house lately.
Very easy to make, with just a few ingredients, no complicated techniques and minimal prep work and washing up.
My weekdays are pretty busy.
I work from home and I like to get all work done during the week, so I have my weekends off. This doesn’t always happen though…
I also have a 8 month old baby, so I don’t necessarily want to spend long hours in the kitchen.
Everything I cook needs to be simple and quick to prepare. I love to cook, I just have to be organized and pick simple recipes.
This way I get to spend more time with my baby, do some work and even get to relax.
Weekdays are long and I constantly have to do a lot of things, so often times I don’t realize that it is almost 5 o’clock.
And guess what? I need to cook dinner. This needs to happen immediately, because my husband and I don’t like to have dinner later the 6 o’clock. Don’t even ask me why, it has been a habit to not have dinner too late.
On busy weekdays like the ones I described, that’s where Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork comes in!
Great dinners are made with great quality meat.
Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork is proudly raised in the USA.
I’ve mentioned before, that I like cooking with pork. Bone-in pork chops are one of my favorite cuts of pork to cook, because they cook quickly and taste amazing.
I personally like buying Smithfield All Natural Pork Chops from the Meat section of my local Walmart.
Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork is naturally tender without added steroids, hormones or artificial ingredients. It’s extremely easy to prepare and versatile enough for both weeknight dinners or weekend entertaining with family or friends.
All ingredients in this One Pan Pork Chops With Balsamic Mushrooms And Onions recipe are excellent quality and I purchased them in my local Walmart.
I seared pork chops in a cast iron skillet on the stove top for 4 minutes on one side, then turned them. Added mushrooms and onions to the pan and cooked everything in the oven for 6-10 more minutes.
Once the pork chops are cooked, have reached the safe temperature of 145 F (for pork) and have turned golden, you can take them out of the oven and continue cooking the mushrooms and onions for a few more minutes if needed. Then drizzle some reduced balsamic vinegar over the mushrooms and onions and the meat and serve. It is that easy!
You can make your own reduced balsamic vinegar or buy it at the store. It is thicker and sweeter than regular balsamic vinegar.
Weekday dinners shouldn’t be stressful. All you need is high quality ingredients and easy recipes to prepare.
They should be easy to make and full of wonderful flavors. Go and get some Smithfield All Natural Pork Chops and try this One Pan Pork Chops With Balsamic Mushrooms And Onions or make some pork shops with your favorite sides or a salad.
- 2 (5-6 oz ) Smithfield All Natural Bone-in Pork Chops
- 6 oz sliced mushrooms (I used button white)
- 1/2 red onion , sliced into half circles (or about 1 cup onion)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (or more to taste)
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme (divided)
- 1/4 cup reduced balsamic vinegar
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a cast iron skillet on the stove top over high heat.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper and 1/2 of the thyme.
- Place pork chops in the skillet and cook on one side for 3-4 minutes, until golden.
- Flip pork chops, add mushrooms and onions, add thyme, salt and pepper and place in the oven.
- Cook in the oven until the pork chops have reached the safe temperature of 145 F (between 6-10 minutes). Cook for 1 minute longer, if you'd like. Remove pork chops from the pan.
- Stir mushrooms and onions. Drizzle with half of the reduced balsamic vinegar. Cook for 2-5 minutes longer until tender. (You may mot need to cook them at all, it all depends on the way you like them).
- Serve pork chops with side of mushrooms and onions.
- Reduced balsamic vinegar: Stir 1 cup balsamic vinegar and 3 tbsp sugar or honey together in a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low, and simmer until the vinegar mixture has reduced to 1/3 cup, about 10-12 minutes. Set the balsamic reduction aside to cool, then use in recipes.