Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
Honey Mustard Chicken Salad – made with honey mustard marinated chicken breast, mixed greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, corn, onions, bacon and honey mustard salad dressing. A sweet and savory combination for the win.
This salad is perfect for lunch or dinner and makes a meal of its own. Super easy to make, you can add or remove ingredients and also make a few batches of the chicken and use it on other salads, sandwiches or grain bowls.
Honey Mustard Chicken Dressing/Marinade
I love salads and am constantly looking for new recipes to try. As a big fan of the sweet and savory combination, honey mustard is my favorite. I usually use a similar marinade for my popular Honey Mustard Chicken Things, but you can easily use it on chicken breast. I prefer boneless skinless chicken breast for my salads.
This salad marinade/dressing has the perfect balance of sweet, salty and tangy. It has a great honey mustard flavor. Nicely charred, juicy and flavorful chicken breast that tastes amazing!
The ingredients used are :
- whole grain mustard
- Dijon mustard
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- garlic (either garlic powder or a garlic clove)
- oregano (optional)
- Grilled or Pan Seared Chicken? You can either pan sear the chicken breast on the stove top in a skillet for 4-8 minutes per side, until cooked through and browned. A thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat should read 165 F.
- Air Fried Chicken – if you’d like to, you can cook your honey mustard chicken in the Air Fryer. Cook at 375 F for 12 minutes, turning once or until the internal temperature of the meat is 165 F. You can also check this How To Cook Chicken Breast In The Air Fryer post out.
- Salad Vegetables – the possibilities here are endless. I used tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and canned corn. Other possible add ons are sliced fresh mushrooms or canned mushrooms, avocado or olives.
- Non vegetable add ons/toppings – add nuts of your choice, seeds, hard boiled eggs, chopped ham or cheese of your choice.
More Salad Recipes:
Honey Mustard Chicken Breast + Salad
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp olive or grape seed oil
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano — optional
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts — 4-6 oz each
- 4 cups chopped lettuce — Romaine, mixed greens or iceberg
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp red onion or shallot — chopped
- 1/2 cup Corn
- 6 strips cooked Bacon
In a bowl whisk the marinade ingredients. Use 1/2 of the marinade to marinade the chicken for up to 4 hours or at least 15 minutes. Grill chicken (or cook on the stove top in a pan) until golden and cooked through for 6-7 minutes per side for an internal temperature of 165 F. Alternatively cook in a skillet on the stove top.
Let the chicken breast rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
In a bowl combine the mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, corn and bacon. Top with the chicken.
Pour the marinade on top.
This deserves an applause