Gluten Free Coconut Cookie Bites
Gluten Free Coconut Cookie Bites – only 5 ingredients, soft and delicious, perfect for a cup of coffee or tea.
Hey guys! Happy Friday! Any plans for the weekend? I just need to have some time for myself! Relax and take it easy! This week was short, but full of weird experiences and nothing seemed to be going right around here! So I’m giving up trying to get things done! Ready to enjoy two days off and start the new week on Monday!
These mini coconut cookie bites are my newest creation. I adapted the recipe from a basic coconut cookie recipe, that my mom makes.
I’m not an expert on gluten-free cooking and baking, but I enjoy experimenting with gluten free flours. So these coconut cookie bites are gluten and refined sugar-free. Soft, crumbly, coconut flavored and very delicious! Great for a snack, any time of the day!
These gluten free coconut cookie bites come together in less than an hour.
If you are looking for more cookie recipes (non gluten free), you can also check these out: Cranberry Hazelnut Snowball Cookies, Sweetened Condensed Milk Butter Cookies and Easy Chewy Apple Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
Right after baking, they are pretty soft and may appear dry, but when they are completely cool and kept in a zip lock bag for at least a few hours, they get very soft and not dry at all.
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy cookie recipe!
Have a great weekend!
- Beat eggs and coconut sugar with an electric mixer on high speed for 4-5 minutes until pale.
- Add coconut oil and mix to combine.
- Add coconut flour and coconut flakes. Mix to combine. Refrigerate dough for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 330 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper/silpat.
- Using a small cookie scoop (1 tbsp measure) scoop out balls and place over baking sheet, leaving 1 inch between them. Press with your palm to flatten.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes, until set and starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with some coconut flakes and let them cook on the baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- At this point cookies might be a little dry. Place in a zip lock bag and let them sit for at least 2 hours, to soften.
- Keep in a zip lock bag/air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.