Cranberry Hazelnut Snowball Cookies
Cranberry Hazelnut Snowball Cookies – very easy to whip up, the perfect addition to a holiday gift bag.
Cranberry Hazelnut Snowball Cookies just in time for the season! These are soft and fluffy, filled with dried cranberries and chopped hazelnuts. They melt in your mouth and make a great holiday gift. You can make the dough ahead of time and store it in the freezer. When ready to bake, just line on a baking sheet and bake, but make sure to allow an extra minute or two for baking.
Thank you Hefty® for sponsoring today’s post and sharing tips for holiday gifting! #HeftyHoliday
Hefty Slider Bags boast a strong, secure seal to keep contents safe and avoid spills and messes.
Hefty brand products not only include Slider Storage and Freezer Bags, but also trash bags and tableware. Discover how Hefty can help you with home solutions today.
There is a way to reduce the holiday chaos! With Hefty!
Too many parties to go to and gifts to give and not enough time? Make this simple shortbread dough and freeze it in Hefty Freezer Slider Bags. When your next holiday party comes up, take the pre-rolled cookie balls out of the freezer and bake. You are still getting the awesomeness of homemade cookies, but with the ease as they were store bought.
It is the holiday season! Just wait to see what I’m going to share with you!
You can dress up your holiday gift bags, make them festive and fun for the holidays. Give them as a gift to friends, family, co-workers or teachers. Give your goodies a festive boost by adding Hefty® printable treat bag toppers! Choose from our three festive design templates, print out and attach to the top of a 1 Quart Hefty®Slider Storage Bag filled with your favorite holiday cookies. Recipients will appreciate the seasonal gift and their tummies will appreciate what’s inside.
Click to download the holiday bag topper templates here. You’ll find links to download the Christmas Trees Template, Happy Holidays Template and Snowflakes Template. Hefty Crafts rock!
Which template do you like best? Are you willing to use Hefty DIY in your holiday gift giving?
These templates are so neat and you don’t need special skills to make your Christmas goodie bags look wonderful!
Here is a simple gift basket I made to give to a friend, where I used the Hefty bag toppers. Nothing special, I hope they like my homemade Cranberry Hazelnut Snowball Cookies.
Cranberry Hazelnut Snowball Cookies - very easy to whip up, the perfect addition to a holiday gift bag. Soft and delicious.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- POWDERED SUGAR FOR ROLLING THE COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment cream butter for 2 minutes. Add sugar and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl sift flour and salt. Gradually add flour and salt to the butter mixture. Mix until incorporated. Add hazelnuts and cranberries and mix so they are evenly distributed.
- Roll 1 tbsp balls and line them on the baking sheet, leaving 2 inches in between. If you prefer not to bake all the cookies at once, transfer to a Hefty bag and freeze for later.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes, until edges are lightly browned.
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then roll in powdered sugar and transfer to a cooling rack to cool down completely
- Roll cookies in powdered sugar again before serving.
Instead of 1/4 cup of each chopped cranberries and hazelnuts, you can substitute with 1/2 cup of chopped nuts like pecans or almonds.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.