Easy Easter Oreo Truffles
These easy Easter Oreo truffles are quick to make with just a few ingredients. They are perfect for a last minute holiday treat, look cute and taste delicious!
Hey guys! Today I have a fun and easy Easter idea for you – Easter Oreo truffles!
Most of you have probably tried or even made Oreo truffles.
Oreos are my favorite cookies and I love using them in different recipes.
For these truffles you just crush the cookies (with the filling) in a food processor (or powerful blender) and mix them with softened cream cheese. Then form balls out of the dough (you can even make them in the shape of eggs), chill for at least 15 minutes, then dip them in melted chocolate and let them cool and the chocolate harden.
You can decorate these Easter Oreo Truffles by drizzling melted chocolate in different colors over the white chocolate.
You can either use white chocolate melts or white chocolate bark and color it in different pastel colors, using gel food coloring, of you can buy candy melts in different colors from your crafts store.
This time I used Golden Oreo’s in the recipe, but you can use chocolate too.
Last time I even made them with their limited edition Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. They taste so good, but since these are for Easter, I decided to go with Golden Oreos.
I dipped mine in white chocolate, just because I’m in a Spring mood and love everything light and bright, but dark chocolate would be great!
You can definitely wrap these truffles and give them as Easter gifts!
Don’t worry too much about how decorating goes-just drizzling melted chocolate in pastel colors is more than enough! They will be cute and eye catching!
By the way how is your week going? I’ve been very happy because the weather warmed up again and I hope it stays that way.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 1 pack Golden Oreos
- 1 8 oz pack softened cream cheese
- 8 oz semi sweet white chocolate or candy melts
- about 3 oz each purple , green, yellow, pink and blue candy melts
- piping bags
- In a food processor (powerful blender) pulse Oreos, until fine crumbs are formed.
- Transfer to a bowl and add cream cheese. Mix well to form a soft dough. Roll into balls (about 2 Tbsp each) and place on a tray, lined with parchment paper.
- Chill for at least 15 minutes, until hard.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler. Dip truffles and then place on a tray, lined with parchment paper. Let them cool.
- Melt colored candy melts (or you can use melted white chocolate colored with gel food coloring) and transfer to piping bags (to zip lock bags).
- Quickly, while chocolate is still melted, decorate truffles by drizzling different colors or drawing a pattern of your choice.
- Keep refrigerated in air-tight container for up to a week.