Easy Fresh Strawberry Margarita
Easy Fresh Strawberry Margarita – the ultimate summer drink made in a blender with just a few ingredients.
Cinco de mayo is around the corner. Time to share with you my all time favorite, super easy to make Fresh Strawberry Margarita.
Original recipe posted in May 2015. Updated in May 2019.
I love the month of may, because this is when you are usually able to find some good, sweet and delicious, ripe strawberries around here.
We buy a lot of them and try to consume as many as possible, before they go bad.
How to store fresh strawberries?
By the way how do you store your berries in the fridge for? Mine get pretty bad on the second day, but I guess if I was in California, they were gonna last a little longer?
I recently started taking them strawberries out of the box, placing them in a glass container with a lid (I use Pyrex brand) unwashed and storing them like this in the fridge. Depending on the ripeness they can last like this for up to 5 days. No pre-washing or spraying with chemicals.
What ingredients do you need to make Strawberry Margarita Cocktail?
- lime juice
- orange liqueur
How to make fresh strawberry margarita in a blender?
This strawberry margarita only takes 5 minutes to make in a blender.
It requires just a few ingredients and can be server frozen or on the rocks.
I decided to use fresh strawberries and serve it on the rocks.
Perfect for a party!
You can also make it in a pitcher and double/triple the recipe.
Also, skip the salt if you’d like.
I hope this homemade cocktail finds a place in your Memorial Day Menu (Or any other summer holiday and gathering).
This easy fresh strawberry margarita is light, sweet and refreshing.
Don’t worry guys, I’m still a mojito girl!
What is the difference between strawberry margarita and strawberry daiquiri?
Both are frozen strawberry drinks (of course margaritas can be served on the rocks), but daiquiri is made with rum and margarita is made with tequila.
How many carbs does this Strawberry margarita have?
So with the latest low-carb lifestyle popularity, this margarita may come higher on carbs. This particular recipe, made with Agave nectar is a large drink, that has 411 calories and 50 carbs.
I know it is a lot! You can reduce the amount of strawberries and use low-carb sweetener, if you’d like to reduce the amount of carbs, but still, this is not a Keto recipe.
What is the best tequila for margarita?
If you do a search on “the best tequila” you’ll get results of some pretty pricy types of tequila. But is it really worth it using an expensive, high quality tequila in a cocktail?
It depends in my opinion. Any unnamed tequila will work for a margarita cocktail, the higher quality the better (and I’ve tested quite a few brands).
Please do not use aged (anejo) tequila that has been aged in oak for certain time. It is darker in color and has a stronger flavor.
More cocktail recipes:
Easy Fresh Strawberry Margarita
- 10 oz fresh ripe strawberries — , washed, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup silver tequila
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur such as Triple Sec or Cointreau — ( I often like to use Grand Marnier instead, which is a blend of Triple Sec and cognac. This makes the drink stronger)
- kosher salt for the rim of the glass
- Place strawberries, tequila, lime juice, agave nectar (honey) and orange liqueur in a blender. Pulse a few times, until smooth. Let the mixture rest for 3-5 minutes. Using a spoon, remove all the foam on top. Taste and add more tequila, lime juice or sweetener, if needed.
- If you are serving in salt-rimmed glasses - run a slice of lime around the top of each glass. Dip the top of the glass in salt. (If you can not get the salt to stick - in a shallow bowl pour some lime, lemon juice or water. Dip the glass, upside down in it and then dip it in salt.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour Margarita mixture on top. Garnish with a strawberry or lime wedge.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 410, Sodium: 6mg, Potassium: 272mg, Carbohydrates: 50g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 51g, Protein: 1g, Vitamin C: 91.8%, Calcium: 23%, Iron: 0.8%
More Strawberry Recipes: