This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Creamy Leek And Potato Soup With Bacon Recipe – quick and easy to make, smooth and flavorful, perfect for lunch or dinner.
This soup could be made year round and keeps well in the fridge or freezer. Kid friendly, perfectly seasoned, warm, topped with crunchy and flavorful bacon and parsley.
Fall has almost arrived and it is time for this Creamy Leek And Potato Soup With Bacon Recipe.
I’ve been making creamy soups quite often lately.
I do eat a lot of salads during summer, but this summer I’ve been into soups.
The reason why?
My son loves soup and I like making homemade soups for him. I tried making baby soups with minimal amounts of spices and seasoning, but he is refusing to eat them lately.
He seems to want flavorful, creamy and nutritious soups (filling), like this Creamy Leek And Potato Soup.
The combination of leeks and potatoes is delicious and Anthony loves it, so do I.
I used to make him baby food with leeks ad potatoes only, when he was about 6 months old, but now we switched to creamy soups.
He pretty much eats everything we do. This makes it easy on me, because I have to cook less meals.
I’m a huge fan of leeks, I enjoy their mild and sweet taste.
They bring wonderful flavors to savory dishes.
I just have to warn you – leeks do need to be carefully washed, because they almost always have sand on them and on the inside, due to being grown in sandy soil.
This Creamy Leek And Potato Soup With Bacon is extremely easy to make.
I did use 1/2 cup of heavy cream in it, but if you’d like to skip it, you can just use whole milk, or even dairy free milk.
If you also decide to skip the bacon, the soup will turn vegan.
All you need for this Creamy Leek And Potato Soup With Bacon Recipe is a few simple ingredients and 30 minutes to make.
You first cook the leeks in some oil until tender, then add the potatoes and stock and simmer until the potatoes are soft and fully cooked.
I first blend the soup and then stir in the cream.
Then top it with bacon bits.
I’ve been experimenting with a lot of soup recipes, mostly healthy and full of veggies, so stay posted for some more.
For soups like this Creamy Leek And Potato Soup With Bacon, you don’t even need a slow or pressure cooker, since it cooks fast!
This summer hasn’t been too hot for us.
Last week we already had temperatures in the low 50-s.
It is the perfect time for some Creamy Leek And Potato Soup around here.
Creamy Leek And Potato Soup With Bacon Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, 1 large or 2 small, about 1 1/2 lb
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 lb potatoes, Yukon gold, peeled, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tsp Summer savory, or thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, or whole milk
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- chopped parsley, for garnishing
- Wash and clean leeks. Cut off the dark green part and discard. Cut in half and chop.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add leeks. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and stock. Season with salt, pepper and summer savory (thyme). Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until the potatoes are fully cooked. Turn off the heat.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Stir in the heavy cream. Add some water, if the soup is too thick.
- To serve, top with bacon and chopped parsley.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
You May Also Like: