Curried Red Lentil Quinoa Soup
Curried red lentil quinoa soup – thick, loaded with protein and flavors, ready in under one hour.
Hey guys! I was really excited for the weather to warm up and hope this happens soon! It feels like it is not going to happen anytime soon. It is freezing outside! Today I’d like to share another soup recipe with you – Curried Red Lentil Quinoa Soup.
I like red lentils and make soup with them all the time. But I realized that even though I love my go to recipe, it is too light and not filling enough. That’s why I decided to transform is and add extra protein and flavor.
I added quinoa to the soup, 10 minutes before it finished cooking. It made it thicker and chunkier, ore filling and delicious.
I also used some red curry paste in this soup. The flavorful aroma paired well with the red lentils and quinoa. You can swap the curry paste with curry powder, but I just prefer the taste of the paste.
The rest is onions, garlic, carrots, (celery if you’d like, I did not use any!), vegetable stock and tomato paste. Very simple to put together and keep in mind, split red lentils cook quickly.
The soup is hearty, thick but not heavy at all. It is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Curried red lentil quinoa soup - thick, loaded with protein and flavors, ready in under one hour. Healthy comfort food.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , pressed
- 2 medium carrots , chopped
- 1 stalk celery , chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup split red lentils
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat and add onion, Cook for 3 minutes, until soft, then add garlic, celery (optional) and carrots. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add curry paste, tomato puree, vegetable stock and lentils. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, until lentils are tender.
- Add quinoa. Cook for 10-15 more minutes until quinoa is cooked. Add more stock if the soup appears too thick for your taste.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley and lime slices.
More Quinoa Recipes