Balsamic Brussels Sprouts And Chicken Quinoa Bowls
Balsamic Brussels Sprouts And Chicken Quinoa Bowls – flavorful and delicious protein packed meal.
Hi guys! Are you having a nice weekend?
I’m away camping, but couldn’t wait to share today’s recipe with you!
I’m suspecting you’ve been missing my quinoa recipes. Don’t worry, I’ve got plenty of them coming.
Quinoa bowls are one of my favorite meals and I’m constantly experimenting with new recipes.
Brussels Sprouts anyone?
This quinoa bowl consists of balsamic roasted brussels sprouts, fresh spinach, balsamic-soy oven baked chicken breast and toasted pepitas.
Simple to make with great flavors, just in time for fall. The combination of flavors is amazing.
I’m not going to lie, this is not a 15-minute meal but, to be honest it takes about an hour. And you can also cook the chicken in advance and then carefully reheat it.
I made these bowls for dinner the other day and I’ve been dreaming of them ever since.
I’m glad I was able to combine some nutritious ingredients, rich in protein, iron, vitamins and minerals in a simple meal like this.
Have a great weekend!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 2 cups brussels sprouts , trimmed and cut in half
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach washed
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. (You can line with aluminum foil and then grease with cooking spray).
- Toss brussels sprouts in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and black pepper. Spread sprouts oven baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until tender, tossing occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and place in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- In a bowl combine balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, oregano, salt and garlic clove. Add chicken to the bowl.Let it marinade for a few minutes.
- Adjust oven temperature to 400F.
- Spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray and transfer chicken. Pour excess marinade on top. Bake uncovered for 34-40 minutes until a thermometer reads 160F. You can baste the chicken while baking if you'd like.
- Prepare 2 bowls and divide the quinoa, brussels sprouts and spinach between them. Slice chicken breast and add it to the bowls. Top with pepitas. Season with additional salt, pepper or soy sauce.