Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders Recipe
Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders Recipe – delicious appetizer/dinner, very easy to make in 30 minutes. A family favorite, that I need to be making more often.
Craving chicken tenders, but not a fan of fried foods?
I don’t remember the last time I made fried chicken tenders. Ever since I dried baking them and realized that they can stay juicy on the inside and full of wonderful flavors, I’ve taken the “oven baked” route.
The addition of garlic powder and parmesan cheese to the breading creates a great flavor.
I usually use Panko bread crumbs for the breading in this Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders Recipe, but this time I did not have any (well I did but did not see them in my disorganized pantry!) and just used regular bread crumbs. They worked out great! Still crunchy and golden on the outside! And perfectly cooked on the inside.
Dip them in your favorite sauce -marinara, honey mustard or Chick Fillet sauce. Sometimes I just eat them with ketchup and they are pretty good!
I usually use boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut them into smaller pieces, but this time I just got chicken tenders at the store. I try to save as much time as I can, since I’m constantly busy!
Hope you enjoy these!
BAKED PARMESAN CHICKEN TENDERS RECIPE
- 1 1/4 lb chicken tenders
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder — (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups bread crumbs — (Panko could be used)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- Rinse and dry chicken tenders well. Trim if needed.
- In a medium shallow bowl beat eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder (optional) and Dijon mustard.
- Place flour in another shallow bowl.
- Place bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in another bowl.
- Place tenders in the flour mixture (make sure they are coated evenly), then egg mixture than bread crumbs/parmesan mixture. Line on the baking sheet, leaving some space in between.
- Bake for 20 minutes (I usually don't turn them, but if you wish to do so, bak for 15 minutes, then turn and bake for 4-5 more minutes).
- Take out of the oven and serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 575, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 183mg, Sodium: 1087mg, Potassium: 709mg, Carbohydrates: 63g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 48g, Vitamin A: 270%, Vitamin C: 1.7%, Calcium: 262%, Iron: 5.1%
You May Also Like: