Garlic Parsley Smashed Small New Potatoes Recipe
Garlic Parsley Smashed Small New Potatoes Recipe – simple recipe, perfect for football season and the upcoming holidays.
I’ve been eating a lot of potatoes lately… I love potatoes, but I also love eggs. Why eggs? I don’t even know why I’m sharing this, but since my baby is allergic to dairy, I also realized he is sensitive to eggs, so I decided to avoid them for a while. That’s why I’ve been eating even more potatoes than before and these Garlic Parsley Smashed Small New Potatoes are my new favorite.
These smashed potatoes are so good! They are made with coconut oil and have rich garlic-parsley flavor. Drizzled with some lemon juice for extra freshness.
If you are looking for quick and easy game day or holiday appetizer, you have found it.
These potatoes make the perfect side dish, but the fact that they are bite sized, turns them into a great party food.
Oven baked and as I said made with coconut oil.
I use a lot of coconut oil in my cooking.
Feel free to substitute with equal amount of butter, if you are not a fan of coconut oil.
Of course the taste will be different.
When made with coconut oil, these garlic parsley smashed new potatoes are light and flavorful.
When made with butter, these potatoes are rich and buttery.
If you like potatoes, this recipe is a must try!
GARLIC PARSLEY SMASHED SMALL NEW POTATOES RECIPE
- 1 1/2 pounds small new potatoes
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 2 garlic cloves — , pressed
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- sliced lemon for serving
- Place potatoes in a pot and boil for 20 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- In a bowl combine coconut oil, salt, pepper, garlic and chopped parsley.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Grease a baking sheet. Arrange potatoes on the baking sheet. Using a fork, smash potatoes to make them flat. (They need to remain whole).
- Brush potatoes with coconut oil mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden. Serve warm.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 106, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 399mg, Potassium: 468mg, Carbohydrates: 14g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin C: 16%, Calcium: 3.6%, Iron: 20.4%
You may also like: