Oven Baked Beijing Wings
Easy to make these oven baked Beijing Wings are mildly spicy and full of flavor. Perfect for an appetizer or even a meal.
How was everyone’s weekend? We enjoyed some warmer weather (in the 40s)! I didn’t realize how close game day it! Just a few days away! And now is the perfect time to share some simple appetizer recipes for those of you, who are planning on hosting a party. I’ll definitely make these Beijing Wings this weekend, they are one of my family’s favorite appetizers!
This is not an authentic recipe, but it is a recipe I’ve made so many times. I found it in the book “Cook This Not That”, which contains easy and awesome 350 calorie recipes. I got it at Costco for like $5 over 5 years ago and love every single recipe in it!
A serving of these wings has just 290 calories and the best part is that they are baked. I like to use the smallest chicken wings I can find, to ensure that they cook quickly and get a crispy skin.
!!! If you are looking for a truly crispy wings you can check this recipe out. It is a different method of cooking the wings in the oven, which requires some extra effort and time. !!!
For game day, I usually have to make a few appetizers and clean the house, so I don’t always have time to the truly crispy wings. That’s why this Beijing Wings recipe is perfect for the occasion.
Soaked in Asian marinade, these wings get perfectly seasoned. Then you bake then at 450F to crisp them up. Then you make a sriracha butter sauce and toss the wings in it. And that’s it! So easy to make and totally worth it!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
Oven Baked Beijing Wings
For the wings and marinade:
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar — , divided
- 3 garlic cloves — , minced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger — (I recommend using fresh )
- 2 lbs chicken wings — (the smaller the better)
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- toasted sesame seeds
- chopped scallions
- Combine soy sauce, 2 tbsp brown sugar, garlic and ginger in a large zip lock bag. Add wings and mix to coat. Seal the bag and marinade in the fridge for 1 hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven for 450F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Remove wings from the marinade and place on the baking sheet, leaving some space between them. Roast for 15-20 minutes until the meat is firm and fully cooked. The skin should be dark and starting to caramelize.
- In a skillet heat butter, Sriracha, lime juice and sugar. Add wings and saute for 2-3 minutes until the sauce coats them.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and scallions.