Parmesan Potato Patties
Parmesan Potato Patties – Delicious and flavorful, very crispy and made with a few simple ingredients.
Hope you are enjoying the holiday season. To me this is the best time of the year. I enjoy it even more than summer! But I miss the sun and light. I’m challenged! I need to use lights to take my food photos and I’m not so happy, because I love natural light. But the photos for these parmesan potato patties look really good!
I’ll stop complaining… Because I have a great recipe for you today – parmesan potato patties.
My family loves potato patties, but I can’t remember last time I made them. These are really easy to make, bite-sized and perfect for a party or lazy dinner at home. They do take some time to make, because you need to shape the patties. Then pan fry them. And then of course enjoy them!
My problem when I make these patties – I can’t stop eating them. I’ve made them with feta instead of parmesan before. The feta recipe is my family’s favorite. This time I decided to use parmesan instead of feta and they turned perfect. So crispy and flavorful.
You make some mashed potatoes, then you add eggs, cheese and bread crumbs. Shape the patties and fry them. It is that simple.
Make some yogurt dip, a spicy dip, or just serve them topped with sour cream. These patties will make a nice NYE appetizer. Or a light meal. They will make a great lunch to take to work, too.
I hope you decide to try them!
PARMESAN POTATO PATTIES
- 1 LB POTATOES — , BOILED, PEELED AND ROUGHLY CHOPPED
- 1 MEDIUM ONION — , FINELY DICED OR GRATED
- 1/4 CUP MILK OR HEAVY CREAM
- 1 TSP SALT
- 1/2 TSP BLACK PEPPER
- 1 TSP ZAATAR OR ITALIAN SEASONING — (OPTIONAL)
- 2 TBSP BUTTER
- 2 EGGS
- 1 CUP PANKO BREADCRUMBS
- 1 CUP SHREDDED PARMESAN CHEESE
- 1/4 CUP VEGETABLE OIL FOR FRYING — (OR MORE IF NEEDED)
- IN A BOWL COMBINE POTATOES, ONION, MILK, SALT, BLACK PEPPER, SEASONING, BUTTER, EGGS, BREADCRUMBS AND PARMESAN. USING A POTATO MASHER MASH UNTIL CREAMY. I FIND IT EASIER TO USE MY KITCHEN AID MIXER FOR THIS, IT MIXES IT VERY WELL.
- SHAPE PATTIES (1-1 1/2 IN DIAMETER). I ALWAYS KEEP A BOWL OF WATER NEXT TO ME SO I CAN DIP MY FINGERS IN IT WHILE SHAPING THE PATTIES SINCE THE MIXTURE IS STICKY.
- HEAT OIL OVER MEDIUM HEAT.
- WORKING IN BATCHES, FRY PATTIES UNTIL GOLDEN (3-4 MINUTES PER SIDE), TURN THEM CAREFULLY.
- TRANSFER TO A PLATE LINED WITH PAPER TOWEL.
- REPEAT FOR ALL THE PATTIES. WIPE DOWN THE PAN, IF THERE ARE ANY BURNT PIECES IN IT. ADD OIL, IF NEEDED FOR EACH NEW BATCH.
- SERVE WITH A SAUCE OF YOUR CHOICE.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 65, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 23mg, Sodium: 238mg, Potassium: 122mg, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 3g, Vitamin A: 2.1%, Vitamin C: 3.6%, Calcium: 7.9%, Iron: 5.6%