Tequila Lime Chicken Tacos
Tequila Lime Chicken Tacos – juicy chicken tacos with cabbage slaw and pico de gallo, very quick and easy to make. Definitely a crowd pleaser!
Happy Monday !
How was your weekend? Mine was pretty good! I’m a little tired though, since I started doing some spring cleaning and also organizing my pantry. It is a lot of work, but I’m half way through it!
I’ve been craving some homemade tacos and finally made some yesterday.
The simple tequila lime marinade boosts the chicken flavor and makes is very tender. I added some homemade pico de gallo, cabbage slaw, shredded cheese and sliced avocado to my tacos, but you can add whatever you like. These are super easy to make, perfect for lunch or dinner.
I do not recommend that you marinade the chicken for longer than 1 hour, because it might get mushy. Anywhere between 30 minutes and 1 hour should be ok.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- ½ cup tequila
- ½ cup water
- juice from 2 limes
- 4 (6-8 oz ) boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 4 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ¼ to ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbs lime juice
- salt to taste
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- lime wedges
- In a bowl combine tequila, water, lime juice, garlic and salt.
- Place chicken un a large zip lock bag and pour marinade in the bag and close. (try to get out as much air as possible). Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium high. Clean and oil grate. Season chicken with black pepper. Place chicken on the grill and cook covered , turning as needed until nicely charred and it registers temperature of 160 F, (for 8 to 12 minutes). Transfer to s cutting board, let to cool for 5-10 minutes and slice.
- In a large bowl combine salt, olive oil and apple cider vinegar and stir. Add cabbage and toss, so it is evenly coated with dressing.
- Combine tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. It tastes best the same day.
- Warm tortillas in a skillet. Divide chicken between 12 tortillas. Add cabbage slaw, pico de gallo and diced avocado. Top with cheese. Serve.
More Mexican Recipes: