Pavlova Cake Roll Recipe
Pavlova Cake Roll Recipe – light and airy cake roll, filled with rich cheesecake whipped cream and topped with berries.
It has been a while since last time I made a cake roll! I finally have another swiss roll recipe for you. A combination between pavlova cake and cake roll. It is so light, fluffy and addicting!
I usually make Pavlova cake at least once during summer. But this summer I decided to go a different route – try to make a Pavlova roll.
Named after a Russian ballerina, there is a controversy around the origin of this dessert, so I wouldn’t call it Russian, since there are stories claiming that the creator was from New Zealand. It really doesn’t matter to me. The truth is that I love this cake, but very rarely make it. It tastes so good and it is best, when consumed right away.
Crunchy shell and chewy inside, this si the best way to describe the texture of Pavlova. Topped with whipped cream and fruit.
This Pavlova Cake Roll doesn’t have the same crunch as Pavlova cake, since it will easily break, when you stert rollig it. I also chose a filling, that sets in the fridge, so the cake roll holds its shape.
I used this whipped cream cheese filling in this recipe, but you can also use my mascarpone whipped cream, if you’d like. I also added some Gran Marnier, for citrusy flavor.
Pavlova Cake Roll Recipe
Ingredients:For the filling:
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Gran Marnier
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- powdered sugar for dusting
- cooking spray
- berries for garnishing
Directions:For the filling:
- Beat heavy cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar together, until well combined. Add mixture to the whipped cream and beat on low speed for 2 minutes, until incorporated. Add Gran Marnier and mix to combine. Cover and refrigerate.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form - 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add sugar to the egg whites, while continuously whisking on medium-high speed. Whisk until thick and glossy.
- Add cornstarch and vinegar and beat until combined.
- Spray a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan with a cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Spread mixture over parchment paper in an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, until just firm on top. Let it cool in the pan for 2 minutes.
- While the roll is in the oven, line a kitchen towel on the counter and cover with a large piece of parchment paper. Generously dust with powdered sugar. Let Pavlova cool for 3 more minutes.
- Turn Pavlova onto the parchment paper
- Spread filling onto the Pavlova Roll. Using the parchment paper and towel, roll Pavlova.
- Place on a tray and refrigerate for 2 hours until the filling is set.
- Remove paper and towel. Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with berries on top.