Carrot Cake Roll With Cream Cheese Filling
This carrot cake roll with cream cheese filling is perfect for Spring and Easter. A great way to make plain old carrot cake more fun! The cream cheese frosting is velvety smooth and delicious!
Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend!
There is another cake roll recipe for you today – I finally made a carrot cake roll! It tastes amazing! It did take me a couple of tries, but I’m glad I got it right the second time.
Do you like carrot cake? I have a great, foolproof recipe for a Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting.
You can easily impress your guests and family, if you add this dessert to your Easter table.
The combination of spicy ginger, cinnamon, fresh carrots and creamy frosting makes this roll amazing!
I know most of you guys like my cake roll recipes, which gave me the motivation to try and make this one.
Carrot cake is pretty sweet, moist and sticky, so this might not be the best looking cake roll I’ve made so far, but I’m aware of this.
It did crack a little, not a big deal!
The first recipe I tried sounded awesome, but the baking time was way off (just 10 minutes, which is not enough in my opinion) and my roll was under baked.
Yes, you guessed, it was a disaster and I had to bake it for longer time. I also decided to use cake flour, instead of all purpose, which made the texture a lot softer.
This carrot cake roll reminds me of my pumpkin cake roll and of course of family gatherings and good times.
And while I love carrot cake, I love cream cheese frosting even more! The combination of them together is just perfect.
I almost never add raisins to my carrot cake and often skip the nutmeg listed in the recipe.
I hope you like this roll, just as much as my family did!
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 2 cups shredded carrots (drained if they are too wet)
- powdered sugar for rolling
- 6 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extrac
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously spray a 10x15 in jelly roll pan with cooking spray, line with parchment paper. Spray paper with cooking spray and lightly flour it. Set a side.
- Beat eggs on high for 3 minutes. Add sugar and beat for 3-4 minutes, on high until pale and frothy. Add vanilla extract and oil, mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients, until just combined, Do not over mix. Stir in carrots.
- Transfer mixture into prepared pan, spread it using a spatula. Bake for 15-16 minutes until done, but still soft.
- While carrot cake is baking, line a clean kitchen towel and sprinkle a generous amount of powdered sugar over it.
- When cake is finished baking, take it out of the oven and quickly turn it over the kitchen towel, sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Starting at the short end, roll the cake with the towel. Let it cool completely for a few hours.
- While cake is cooling, make the frosting.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter and cheese until smooth. Add vanilla, then powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- When cake is completely cool, carefully until it. Spread cream cheese frosting evenly and roll tightly. Chill cake roll for 1 hour, so it firms up a little.
- Dust the top with powdered sugar. Slice and enjoy!
MORE CAKE ROLL RECIPES