Quinoa Cranberry And Apple Salad
This Quinoa cranberry and apple salad made with Suddenly Grain Harvest Grains requires minimal effort and time to prepare.
Happy Sunday Guys! Hope you are having a nice weekend!
Today I would like to share my experience with Betty Crocker’s Suddenly Grain Salads in Harvest Grains with you.
How do you feel about meal prep? Honestly, I find myself struggling with meal ideas and I often do not have time to cook everything from scratch. I’ve been thinking to incorporate more healthy, easy and quick recipes in my everyday cooking.
#MealPrep shouldn’t be frustrating with Suddenly Grain Salads. Their salads are perfect for a weeknight family dinner or take to work lunch. These salads are also great for a party when you don’t have enough time to prepare fancy meals. Their grain salads come in 3 different varieties: Harvest Grains, Harvest and Tuscan and Southwest Grains.
You’ve seen plenty of quinoa recipes on my blog. I just like to add it to salads. When I saw that Suddenly Grain offers a Harvest Grains salad mix, I knew this will become my favorite. A mix of brown, wild and red rice, quinoa, with cranberries and almonds, it sounded like the perfect combination. Grains come mixed in one bag. There is a pack of almonds and cranberries, that you add to the salad at the end. There also is a sweet blush vinaigrette, included in the salad package, which you only mix up with water and oil.
What I found cool and very handy about Suddenly Grain Salads is that: all grains are nicely packed in a bag and you cook them with the bag. This way you cook brown rice, wild rice and red quinoa at the same time and it only takes 17 minutes to do. Imagine, if you have to cook all grains in a separate pot, then mix them for a salad? Sounds like a waste of time and a lot of washing up, right?
Once you cook the grains inside the plastic bag, you place them in a medium bowl. (Caution: hot!) Then add the dressing almonds and cranberries and stir to combine. To my salad, I decided to add diced Granny Smith apple, which brought some extra crunch and flavor. Of course you can add vegetables, nuts, seeds or protein of your choice.
Suddenly Grain Salad in Harvest Grains has these added benefits:
- 4 servings per container
- served cold
- 4g protein per serving
- stir in ideas and recipe included on the pack
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Suddenly Grain Salad in Harvest Grains
- 1 medium Granny Smith Apple diced
- 1 tbsp Olive or Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp cold water
- Fill a 3-quart saucepan half full with water and heat to boiling. Remove outer plastic wrap, but do not open the bag of grains. Carefully place bag of grains in water. Boil uncovered for 17 minutes, turning the bag once.(Cooked grains will fill the bag).
- Stir together Dressing Mix with oil and water in a bowl.
- Carefully drain water from the bag in a colander. Rinse with cold water, until grains are cold. Let water drain from bag until dripping stops.
- Cut bag open and place grains in a bowl. Stir in dressing, almonds and cranberries. Add diced apple. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- You can add more oil, lemon juice, cranberries and almonds.
I’ve also included a few recipes, where you could get some inspiration for ingredients to add to your Suddenly Grain Salad. Feel free to alter the recipes to your taste.