Peanut Butter Banana And Chocolate Cookies
Peanut Butter Banana And Chocolate Cookies – easy to make, fluffy and delicious, these cookies combine my favorite ingredients.
Question: What goes well with peanut butter? Answer: Besides jelly, chocolate loves peanut butter and I’m pretty sure peanut butter loves chocolate (or at least I love them together)!
These Peanut butter banana and chocolate cookies take less that 30 minutes to make and are packed some wonderful flavors. Soft baked, a little chewy and not overly sweet, with a light chocolate drizzle. The creaminess of peanut butter, rich banana flavor and light chocolate drizzle make them perfectly delicious.
I have made these Peanut Butter Banana And Chocolate Cookies a few times before, but although they tasted pretty good, every time I felt they were missing something. Well the original recipe doesn’t call for the chocolate drizzle. I decided to add some chocolate on top (of course you can dip cookies in chocolate), and it worked perfect!
I even feel that these cookies are on the healthier side, because of the banana and peanut butter, but I guess not really! It definitely adds some moisture and a little extra fiber.
Anyway, these peanut butter banana and chocolate drizzle cookies make the perfect mid morning or afternoon snack, and their smaller size doesn’t let you feel like you are over eating.
These are extremely easy to make. Just get all ingredients ready, mix up some dough, form into balls and place on a cookie sheet. If you’d like, you can make the signature PB cookie criss-cross pattern with a fork.
I do recommend that you chill the dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour before baking. The reason for this is to prevent cookies from spreading (I don’t like flat cookies). These way your cookies will bake fluffy and chunky. And after you chill your cookies, they only need about 8-10 minutes to bake, which is pretty quick.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup / 4 oz/ 125 gr) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter (I used low fat)
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium ripe banana mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz /100 gr dark (semi sweet) chocolate
- There is an option to chill cookie dough for 1 hour before baking, This way cookies do not spread. If you prefer not to chill dough, preheat oven to 350 F (175 C) before you start mixing the dough. Line a cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpat.
- In a large bowl sift flour, add salt, cornstarch, baking soda and baking powder. Stir.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes until fluffy. Make sure you scrape sides of the bowl.
- Add peanut butter, egg, banana and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed until well combined, scraping the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a 1 tbsp measure dough and form balls. Line on baking sheets and press with fork, to make criss cross pattern (optional).
- Chill cookies for 1 hour before baking (optional). Bake at 350 F for 8 minutes. Take out of the oven, cool on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Meanwhile melt dark chocolate over a double boiler. Fill a zip lock bag and cut the end. Drizzle chocolate over cookies.
don’t forget to follow me on:
and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes (link in the sidebar)