My Healthy Morning Routine
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NewBreakfastRoutine #CollectiveBias.
Even though I’m not a huge fan of strict diets and New Year resolutions, I’ve got some goals within reach for 2015. It is on my list to stay healthy, never skip breakfast, exercise regularly (taking an exciting challenge), loose around 8 pounds and keep that weight off. That’s why I’ve set up a new healthy morning routine.
I know I’ve told you many times, but I’m a terrible breakfast eater. I used to regularly skip breakfast for years, until recently, when I found some new breakfast products at Target. I’ve been enjoying these BelVita Bites – Mini Breakfast Biscuits and V8 Veggie Blends for the last 2 weeks. They’ve become a part of my new breakfast routine, which I’m planning to follow for a long time.
To be honest, BelVita breakfast biscuits aren’t new to me, but these mini bites are. I’ve been buying the regular (larger) kind ever since my sister introduced them to me over 3 years ago. And when I saw the mini version, I fell in love! They come in 2 flavors: Mixed Berry and Chocolate and both are really good. Each box has five 1.76 oz(50 g) packs with mini bites. Packaging is very convenient and I don’t only eat them for breakfast, I’ve been keeping a pack in my purse for the times when I leave the house to run errands and get super hungry. These have been keeping me away from lots of unhealthy snacks lately. They contain 20g of whole grain and provide up to 4 hours of energy to keep you in a great shape in the morning.
In order to stay healthy and loose the desired extra pounds, I’ve been trying really hard to stay hydrated, which makes me feel less hungry. The V8 Veggie Blends are just the perfect addition to my new healthy morning routine. They are delicious vegetable blends with a touch of fruit. They contain one full serving of vegetables in every 8 oz glass, which is exactly what I need early in the morning. Made with 75 % vegetable and fruit juices and 25 % water.
These juices come in 4 different blended flavors: Carrot Mango, Purple Power, Healthy Greens and Golden Goodness. The Carrot Mango is my favorite ! They are the perfect source of vitamins and antioxidants and I no longer need to make smoothies early in the morning (My blender is very loud, plus I get up early. Still make smoothies, but for an afternoon snack). I also like to add 1 tbsp of chia seeds in my V8 Veggie Blend Juice to boost my energy for the day.
You can find both BelVita Bites and V8 Veggie Blends at Target. The BelVita Bites are located at the Cereal Bars/Granola Bars isle and the V8 Blends are at the Soda/Juice isle, which happened to be next to each other at my local Target.
My 2015 goals are simple and I believe achievable, I just have to be consistent!
1. I’ve made an effort to get enough sleep every night. I’ve been pretty good with that so far.
2. Never skip breakfast! Thanks to BelVita Bites and V8 Veggie Blends.
3. Exercise regularly, slowly loose around 8 pounds and keep them off. I recently started taking the Les Mills Combat Challenge (for a second time, the first one was over 2 years ago) and have been very happy with this workout! It helps me push myself to a new level, feel toned and hopefully achieve my weigh loss goal. This is a mixed martial arts workout by Beachbody, which is designed for a full body transformation.
4. Cook healthier meals. This has never been a problem to me and the meals I cook are pretty healthy.
And here what my morning routine looks like and I’m hoping it stays that way for a long time:
1. I get up around 6:30 am every weekday morning.
2. 6:45 am: Make a cup of coffee. Have a healthy breakfast with BelVita Bites and a glass of V8 Veggie Juices ( I like eating my BelVita Bites with some plain yogurt and often add chia seeds to my juice).
3. 7:15 am: Feed my dog and take him out.
4. 7:30 am: Workout time until 8:30 am.
5. Get to work! Snack on some more BelVita biscuits!
I’ve been very happy with my new morning routine. It definitely helps me stay active throughout the day!
What do you usually have for breakfast? What are your health goals for 2014?
Target Cartwheel Deals:
https://cartwheel-secure.target.com/offer/26642 – Offer Starts 2/23
https://cartwheel-secure.target.com/offer/26641 – Offer Starts 1/15
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.