Fruity Red Wine Sangria
Fruity red wine sangria – perfect for a summer barbecue or girls night.
I love the wonderful look of a fresh, homemade pitcher of fruity red wine sangria. Especially red wine sangria with fresh fruit, that looks like a fruit punch or even raspberry lemonade.
The recipe I’m sharing with you today is simple, and this refreshing drink is ready in less than 30 minutes. You can omit some of the fruits I used and add your favorite fruits to this sangria, since you are the one, who will be enjoying the taste of the wine-drunken fruit. This drink is not overly sweet, and that’s what I like about it. I like to use zinfandel wine, which is very extraordinary and intense flavor.
I’m not a huge expert on sangria, but this one is my go to drink for a summer weekend night.
Although red wine is served at a room temperature, this red wine sangria is chilled before serving ands poured over glasses full of ice.
- 1 bottle Zinfandel
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur (triple sec)
- 3 tbsp agave nectar (can use honey or maple syrup)
- 1 cup sparkling water (soda water)
- juice from 1/4 lemon
- 1 orange sided into small pieces
- 1 apple diced
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- lemon slices for garnishing
- ice for serving
- In a large pitcher combine wine, orange liquor, sweetener and soda.
- Drop in fruit.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Serve in a glass, over ice.