Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread
I’m very excited to share with you my first pumpkin recipe this fall. I love the smell in my kitchen when baking with pumpkin and warming pumpkin pie spice, it is one of my favorite experiences about fall.
I adapted the recipe for this Cream Cheese-Filled Pumpkin Bread from one of my pumpkin bread recipes, reducing the amount of sugar and also used coconut oil, instead of vegetable oil. The cream cheese filling is the same one I used in my Cream Cheese Filled Banana Bread.
This cream cheese filled pumpkin bread is soft and moist from the coconut oil and pumpkin pure and a little fluffy from the Greek yogurt. I used just 1/2 cup of sugar for the pumpkin bread. If you like your baked goods more sweet, you can definitely increase the amount of sugar to 3/4 cups.
The cream cheese layer adds enough of creaminess and makes this bread taste like a fancy dessert. Enjoy with a cup of coffee, tea of a pumpkin spiced drink.
The recipe is very easy and you most likely have all ingredients in your pantry/fridge. You don’t even need to use a mixer, but I did use my Kitchen Aid for the cream cheese filling (I don’t mind washing up dishes!).
As for most cream cheese filled breads, baking could be tricky. I used this loaf pan and baked my bread at 350F for 65 minutes. Then I let it cool completely in the baking pan (or let it cool inside for at least 30 minutes).
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
This cream cheese filled pumpkin bread combines two of my favorite desserts - pumpkin bread and cheesecake.
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted but not hot
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin pure
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup <g class="gr_ gr_108 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="108" data-gr-id="108">all purpose</g> flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature (low fat is ok)
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat multiReplace" id="106" data-gr-id="106">ove to 350 F (177 C).
- Spray a 9x5 in <g class="gr_ gr_124 gr-alert gr_gramm Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="124" data-gr-id="124">loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix together dry ingredients - flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice. Set a side.
- In a different bowl beat eggs and sugar. Add coconut oil and vanilla extract and beat until creamy. Add pumpkin pure and mix to combine, then add Greek yogurt.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- To prepare the cream cheese layer mix cream cheese, sugar vanilla and flour. Add egg and beat until incorporated.
- Pour ½ of the pumpkin bread mixture in the baking pan. Smooth with a spatula (or spoon) if needed.
- Evenly spread cream cheese mixture on top of the pumpkin mixture.
- Spread the remaining pumpkin bread batter on top of the cream cheese one and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake at 350F for 60 - 65 minutes, until only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="122" data-gr-id="122">top is doomed and golden and toothpick inserted into the pumpkin bread layer comes out clean. At about 30 minutes, you can cover the pan with aluminum foil, so it doesn't burn. Let the bread cool inside the pan for at least 30 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack until is cools of completely.
Store bread in air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
More Pumpkin Recipes
More Cream Cheese Filled Bread Recipes