Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls
If you read food blogs, you have probably seen energy balls (truffles) recipes on many blogs. I guess it is time for me to share a recipe of this kind.
I had an open can of pumpkin pure, which I used in another recipe and I decided to use it to make a quick snack. And it did work! They turned healthy, chocolaty and gluten free. I added some Medjool dates, which are an excellent healthy sweetener, rolled oats for fiber, chia seeds, rich in fiber and protein and of course pumpkin pie spice, to make them more delicious and flavorful. Not to forgot – pepitas, which are rich in magnesium. To bring some more sweetness I added some agave nectar, the amount used just depends on how sweet you would like them. And these energy balls can’t get better than that- I also added semi-sweet chocolate chips, so they even look like dessert.
These are good for a mid morning snack, can help boost your energy in the afternoon and great if you need a light evening dessert, but don’t want to consume a 800 calorie one! I usually have them after a workout of late at night, when I know no other food is allowed!
don’t forget to follow me on:
and sigh up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes (link in the sidebar)
- Combine dates, 1/2 cup oats and coconut oil and process in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl and add pumpkin pure, chia seeds, remaining oats, pepitas, agave nectar and pumpkin pie spice and mix until incorporated. Add in chocolate chips.
- !Optional! You can wrap bowl with plastic wrap and chill mixture for 1 hour, to make it easier to work with.
- Roll mixture into balls. You can use a small cookie or ice cream scoop to make energy balls the same size. Lin over parchment paper or Silpat.
- Store balls in air tight container of a zip lock bag in the refrigerator.