Cinnamon Apple Pull-Apart Bread Recipe
Cinnamon Apple Pull-Apart Bread Recipe – yeast bread, stuffed with cinnamon and diced apple. One of my favorite baked treats for fall.
Didn’t I just post a pull-apart bread recipe? I sure did! And this is almost the same recipe, with slight modifications, no pumpkin puree and I added apple pieces. It turned out delicious!
I wasn’t planning on definitely posting almost the same recipe in a week, but my apologies, I did not include step-by-step photos of the process making the pumpkin pull apart bread. They accidentally got deleted. And I needed to retake the pictures.
So I thought, why not share my apple pull apart bread recipe, since the process is exactly the same. This way you guys get a new recipe with step-by-step pictures which could be used for both.
At first, I thought I would make this with apple butter, but tiny pieces of apple are a great option, too!
The dough is quick and easy to make. It requires about 1 hour of rising time, before you cut it and place it in the baking pan and then 30 more minutes. I used active dry yeast.
If you love apple baked goods, this recipe is a must try!
It is almost like a fusion between apple pie and warm cinnamon rolls!
Hope the pictures help you with the process.
Cinnamon Apple Pull-Apart Bread Recipe - yeast bread, stuffed with cinnamon and diced apple. One of my favorite baked treats for fall.
- 3/4 cup warm milk (around 115 F)
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 large apple , diced
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp milk
- Combine milk and yeast, stir and cover. Let mixture stand at room temperature for 10 minutes, untill is gets foamy.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat egg and sugar. Add 3 tbsp melted butter. Add yeast/milk mixture. Beat to combine. Add half of the flour and beat for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Beat for 3 more minutes.
- Add the remaining flour, knead to form the dough into a ball.
- Transfer to a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise at room temperature, until it almost doubles its size.
- Butter a 9x5 inch bread pan.
- Flour working surface. Roll out dough into 20x12 inch rectangle.
- In a bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Have diced apple ready.
- Brush dough with melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Spread diced apple on top.
- Cut dough into six 20x2 inch pieces, as shown in the pictures. Stack pieces on top of each other. As they are, cut into six strips vertically, as shown in the pictures.
- Loosely stack pieces, cut side up into the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In the mean time, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake bread for 35 minutes, covering the top with aluminium foil for the last 10 minutes.
- Let the bread cool inside the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the glaze and mix to combine. Add more milk to adjust the consistency, if needed.
- Once the bread has cooled, drizzle with cinnamon glaze. Serve.
More Bread Recipes