Cheesy Baked Spaghetti With Shrimp Recipe
Cheesy Baked Spaghetti With Shrimp Recipe – made with the all new RAGU® Traditional Thick And Hearty Pasta Sauce.
Hi guys! How is your week going? Today happens to be my husband’s birthday, so I’m planning to go shopping for his present.
The other day I realized that I haven’t shared a pasta dish on the blog in a while! The reason? I’ve been using my grill like crazy this summer! Now when summer is almost over, it is time to go back to hearty and yummy recipes like these cheesy baked spaghetti with shrimp.
It takes minimal effort to make and is ready in less than 45 minutes. Made with the all new RAGU® Homestyle Thick And Hearty Pasta Sauce, which I got at my local Target store.
I’ve made baked pasta dishes in the past, but I always used different kinds of pasta like penne, ziti or rotini. This time, I decided to use regular spaghetti and I love how the dish turned out.
My husband was surprised that I used spaghetti and said it was going to be a lot harder serving and eating these, but he quickly realized he was wrong. The pasta was properly cooked, with the perfect amount of sauce, topped with jumbo shrimp and a lot of cheese.
My mom makes a delicious baked spaghetti dish with meat sauce. When we were little, she used to make it at least once during the week. I attempted to make it once and it didn’t turn out as delicious as hers. I then gave up and haven’t made baked spaghetti until now.
There are a few tips I think will help you make the perfect baked spaghetti.
- Cook your pasta al dente and reserve some of the pasta water.
- Use a good quality pasta sauce like RAGU® Homestyle
- Use some extra cheese and extra sauce, because pasta will absorb some of the sauce while baking
- Bake your pasta for the assigned amount of time, but then turn the broiler on and broil for additional 5 minutes to make the cheese on top bubbly
In this recipe I used one of my all time favorite store bought pasta sauces – RAGU® Homestyle Pasta Sauce.
RAGÚ knows a great sauce starts with great ingredients. You’ll feel good about serving your friends and family the new RAGÚ Homestyle sauces because they contain no artificial colors, no artificial flavors and no high-fructose corn syrup.
For more delicious pasta recipes, check out RAGU®’s website and the recipe section HERE. You’ll find a lot of family friendly recipes there.
Looking for more pasta dishes from cookinglsl? Check these out:
CHEESY BAKED SPAGHETTI WITH SHRIMP RECIPE
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 jar RAGU® Traditional Thick And Hearty Pasta Sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella — (or less to taste)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 16 jumbo shrimp — , tails on
- 1 vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Cook pasta al dente (or 1-2 minutes less than the recommended time on the package).
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a skillet oven medium-high heat.
- Cook shrimp for 2 minutes per side, until pink. Transfer to a plate.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish with oil. Add pasta. Pour sauce on top. Add 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine, make sure the cheese is evenly distributed.
- Top with cooked shrimp.
- Spread the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake pasta for 25 minutes.
- Turn the broiler on at about 400F and broil for additional 3-5 minutes, until the cheese on top is golden and bubbly. Make sure you keep a close eye on the pasta, while broiling, so it doesn't burn.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 214, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 54mg, Sodium: 321mg, Potassium: 94mg, Carbohydrates: 21g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 13g, Vitamin A: 4.3%, Vitamin C: 0.6%, Calcium: 20.4%, Iron: 4.7%