One Pot Creamy Tomato Chicken Spinach Pasta Recipe
One Pot Creamy Tomato Chicken Spinach Pasta Recipe – a simple and delicious weeknight dinner, ready in under 30 minutes. Made With Barilla Pronto – One Pan, No Boil, No Drain Penne pasta.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BarillaPronto #OnePanPronto #CollectiveBias
A family diner, which is good throughout the year.
Made with a few staple ingredients like – Barilla pasta sauce, low fat cream cheese, chicken and spinach. The easiest pasta dish I’ve ever made!
Let me tell you – the only pasta, that we buy at home is Barilla.
My husband loves it and so do I. But this is the first time I got to try their Pronto pasta. I’ve seen it at the pasta aisle at my local Walmart many times, but don’t know why I never bought it.
Not until recently, when I realized that this pasta is designed to be used in one pot pasta dishes like the one I’m sharing today.
I thought it was time to finally try it. And I’m very happy I did.
Why was I hesitant to try one pot pasta? To be honest, I thought that the pasta will not cook properly, the sauce will be too watery and if I add any protein (meat), it will be undercooked.
I was definitely wrong and this One Pot Creamy Tomato Chicken Spinach Pasta Recipe proves it. Everything cooked perfectly.
In only 20 minutes! There were no additional pots to wash, which is a huge convenience, because I do not have the time for this.
I boiled the pasta and chicken until the pasta was al dente and chicken pieces fully cooked.
Then I added a jar of Barilla Marinara sauce and some low fat cream cheese. And then some fresh spinach, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
We love eating pasta at home and cook it at least once a week. This 20-Minute Pasta Carbonara and this Balsamic Bacon Mushroom Pasta recipes are some of my favorite ones. How about fettuccine with homemade pasta sauce?
But the thought of 2 large pots that need to be washed, cutting boards and dishes just scares me, when I just want to have dinner and relax.
I don’t have time for complicated meals, that involve a lot of prep work and washing up afterwards. If there is anything that can make my life easier, like Barilla Pronto, I’m more than happy to use it!
The problem is now solved, since I tried Barilla Pronto Penne pasta.
I stocked up on it and will be cooking more one-pot pasta meals very soon.
If you’d like to try it, definitely look for it at your local Walmart. The box is very similar to the regular blue box of Barilla Penne Pasta, but there is a red stripe that says: “One Pan No Boil No Drain” and Pronto in larger white letters.
Barilla Pronto Pasta is a great product innovation that allows for one-pan meals to be prepared with no need to wait for water to boil, and no draining required.
This pasta cooks within 10 minutes in one pan, maintains its shape and saves a lot of time for cleanup.
Barilla Pronto contains no preservatives and it is Italy’s number one brand of pasta that cooks perfectly al dente.
Barilla is definitely a brand I trust, great tasting, high quality, simple and wholesome.
Here is a special offer for you: Buy any Barilla® Pronto™ pasta and earn $0.50.
- 1 box Barilla Pronto Penne pasta (12 oz/340g)
- 3 cups water (or you can substitute 2 cups water + 1 cup chicken stock)
- 1 lb chicken breast , chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and black pepper to taste (I used 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper)
- 1 jar Barilla Marinara Sauce (12 oz)
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups spinach (packed)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a deep pot (or Dutch oven) combine pasta, water and chicken. Add oregano and pinch of salt . Water needs to cover the pasta.
- Turn burner on high and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Cook for a few additional minutes, if the water has not been absorbed and chicken has not been fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and add sauce, cream cheese, more salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and oregano. Stir so the cream cheese and sauce can incorporate. Add spinach. Cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese on top. Taste and add more salt if needed. Serve.