Cauliflower Quinoa Egg White Cups
Cauliflower Quinoa Egg White Cups – great for breakfast or a snack, lightened up, packed with wholesome, wonderful ingredients.
Cauliflower, roasted red peppers, quinoa, scallions and egg whites are the ingredients you need to make these delicious bites.
This year has been the year of the muffin tin for me! I know it is funny, but it is true!
These Crunchy Taco Cups With Tortillas, Mediterranean Egg White Breakfast Cups and Egg, Leek And Feta Phyllo Cups are some great examples. I made phyllo cups, egg white cups, tortilla bites all in a muffin tin.
All of these have been awesome. I haven’t been baking a lot of regular muffins and cupcakes lately though.
Muffin tins are not only for muffins.
They are perfect for bite sized appetizers and breakfast cups. And using my muffin tin for stuff like that has definitely made my life easier!
You can make them on the weekend, as a part of your meal prep and keep them in the fridge for up to a week.
The also freeze well for up to 60 days.
These Cauliflower Quinoa Egg White Cups are also easy to reheat in the microwave, or you can also enjoy them cold.
You can pack them for work or add them to your kids’s lunch boxes.
It is so convenient to have pre-made, healthy breakfast in the fridge at all times. These are so simple to prepare.
Low calorie, low carb, packed with cauliflower and quinoa. These are pretty light, since they are made with egg whites only. Low fat, because of the lack of egg yolk.
I like to eat them with some Sriracha or Tabasco on top.
If you’d like, you can also add some shredded cheese to the cups before baking. The recipe I’m sharing is basic, but feed free to add cheese of your choice. You can also top these with fresh avocado. These are totally customizable to your taste.
I’ve been trying to work on, make and share customizable recipes, because all of a sudden, my husband and son have turned into “picky eaters”.
My husband follows a balanced diet, low on sugar and fat and my one year old refuses eating most foods I offer, besides eggs, fruit and bread. And I forgot Cheerios, the unsweetened whole grain kind.
He is ok with these Cauliflower Quinoa Egg White Cups, since I can cut them into small pieces and let him eat them by himself.
I’ll be making these in combination with other veggies and cheese.
- 1 tbsp butter or vegetable oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 small head of cauliflower grated
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp scallions green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Generously spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tenter and lightly browned.
- Add cauliflower and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cooked quinoa and scallions and remove from heat. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add 2 tbsp of the mixture to each muffin tin cup.
- Pour egg whites on top of each cup, filling until almost full. If there is left over mixture, divide between all 12 cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until set.
- Let them cool inside the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully remove (might need to run a knife to separate cups from the walls of the tin) and serve.
You May Also Like: