Buffalo (Bison) Sliders
Buffalo (Bison) Sliders – juicy and flavorful, great for a summer barbecue or a party appetizer.This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#KetchupsNewMustard #CollectiveBias
It is almost May and barbecue season has officially begun in my house! And of course I’m very excited to start grilling meat and veggies, after such a long winter here in the Midwest.
I also have some grilling staples, which help me create the perfect meals on the grill. One of them is mustard. From dressings, marinades to just squeezing some on top of hot dogs or burgers, mustard makes everything taste so much better!
On my recent trip to Walmart, I stocked on some New Heinz® Yellow Mustard, ketchup and mayo, because I couldn’t wait to make these Buffalo (Bison) sliders. They are perfect for summer, but you can also make them for Mother’s Day brunch!
Heinz Yellow Mustard is available in the ketchup/mustard aisle of your local Walmart Store, right around Heinz® Ketchup.
The new Heinz Yellow Mustard launched in February at Walmart and is also sold in other national retailers. This product has new formula and tastes amazing!
With their secret blend of spices and vinegar for the perfect balance of tang and flavor it was the perfect addition to my juicy bison sliders. It also had 100% natural ingredients, including stone ground mustard seeds.
I also love their new squeeze bottle! No more mess! The new top down bottle is designed to prevent the first squirt of watered down product. No need to shake it before using!
And as you can tell from the pictures – no more soggy bread, which is awesome! This chicken mustard, doesn’t sink, it sits on top of bread.
I’ve shared with you here on the blog that I love making buffalo burgers. Buffalo (bison) is a very lean and flavorful! Ground buffalo is not that expensive and could be found in a lot of supermarkets.
This time, instead of making regular size burgers, I made mini sliders. They are perfect for a party, quick and easy to make.
When using buffalo meat in burgers, I usually only season the meat with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and add chopped onion. Just be careful not to over cook the patties, because this meat can get very dry.
Pair these sliders with Heinz Yellow Mustard and America’s Favorite Ketchup and enjoy! I can’t wait t make these again!
What is your favorite meal during grilling season?
Buffalo (Bison) Sliders
For the sliders:
- 20 oz (600 gr) ground bison
- 1/2 tbsp salt or to taste
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ medium onion chopped — (I used purple onion)
- 10 slider buns
- 5 slices cheese — , cut in half
- 1 small onion — , sliced and sautéed in olive oil for a few minutes
- lettuce leaves
- Heinz® Yellow Mustard
- In a bowl combine bison, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix well, if mixture appears too dry, add some cold water. Form slider patties using a measuring tablespoon, about 4 Tbsp for each patty. Place on parchment paper. (You can refrigerate patties wrapped in plastic wrap for up to 2 days).
- In a small skillet, sautee onions in 1 tbsp olive oil, until soft.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-high heat. Make sure grill is clean. Grill burgers for 1-2 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness.(Grilling time depends on the kind of grill used, size of burger patties, climate). Alternatively cook on a griddle.
- Add cheese on top of each mini burger, right after you remove them form the grill, so it can melt.
- Lightly toast slider buns and assemble the burgers, adding lettuce, sautéed onion, mustard, ketchup and mayo and any additional topping of your choice.