Tiramisu Cookies With Mascarpone Cream Filling
Tiramisu cookies – soft and chewy short bread sandwich cookies filled with light and Mascarpone cream filling. The best sandwich cookies out there!
Happy Friday guys!
Are you excited about Valentine’s Day? I think it is nice it falls on a long weekend this year! Are you doing anything fun?
I did not think we were going out, but my husband told me yesterday that we are… so change in plans, I must get ready 🙂
Back on my tiramisu cookies. This is the last tiramisu recipe for February and I’ll be taking a little break with these. Expect some more in … March? Maybe !
I put together a roundup with 7+ Tiramisu recipes, 7 I’ve already made and more form the web and other bloggers, that inspire me to recreate (adapt). You can view it in my next post.
These little cuties are so addictive and they melt in your mouth. I love sandwich cookies and I’m so glad I made these. Used short bread dough for the cookies and filled them with my favorite Mascarpone whipped cream, which I recently used as a cupcake frosting.
I researched a few different tiramisu cookie recipes, but decided to make my own, with what I have, since I’ve always dreamed of cookies like these.
They are great for the holidays, will be making them for Christmas for sure! But right now we’ll be enjoying them on Valentine’s day.
These cookies get extremely tender over time and the Mascarpone whipped cream is what holds them together. I did add some cocoa powder to the dough, but left the filling white. Sprinkled the cookies with cocoa powder, so it can mimic the traditional Tiramisu look.
I hope you like them! I still have a few of these left and will be enjoying them with a cup of coffee!
!!! Have a great weekend !!!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- For the Tiramisu Cookies:
- 2 cups minus 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar +3 tbsp for rolling
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Baileys (optional)
- For The Mascarpone Cream Filling:
- 8 oz Mascarpone cheese (left at room temperature for 30 minutes)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1 tsp brewed coffee or espresso
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat.
- In a bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set a side.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream butter for 3 minutes, until fluffy. Add sugar, vanilla, Baileys (optional) and then egg and beat until incorporated.
- Slowly add the flour/cocoa mixture and mix until well combined.
- Scoop 1 tbsp portions of dough and roll into balls. Toss balls in sugar. Press with the bottom of a glass to flatten cookies.
- If the dough is very soft, I recommend that you chill cookies for 1 hour, so they don’t spread who baking.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, using a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula mix together Mascarpone cheese and sugar until smooth.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold whipped cream into the Mascarpone mixture. Mix in the espresso.
- Fill a piping bag with the filling. Pipe it into the bottom of half of the cookies (the amount should be around 1 tbsp).
- Top each cookie sandwich.
- Sprinkle some cocoa powder.
More Tiramisu Inspired Recipes