Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls With Tahini Drizzle
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls With Tahini Drizzle – a 30 minute vegetarian meal, loaded with protein, fiber and vitamins. Great for those on a gluten free diet and also vegan.
I have an important announcement to make! Our $700 Cash or Amazon Gift Card Giveaway has come to an end and the winner is : Mayeshree N. ! Congratulations !
Thanks everyone for entering out giveaway and checking out all seven of our blogs!
It was a pleasure hosting this giveaway!
Happy Friday guys!
Do you have any plans for the weekend? We’ve got no plans, will spend it around the house. I’m just hoping to get some more sleep, as I’ve been staying late and getting up early all week. Will see what happens… Because every time I plan to sleep late on a weekend, I simply wake up at 6:30 am or even earlier and can’t go back to sleep.
I wanted to share a sweet recipe today, just because it is Friday, but well… this one just couldn’t wait.
It only takes 30 minutes to make and is perfect for a light meal or a side dish. Plus you can make it in advance and warm it up later. Makes a great lunch to take to work, too.
When I think of quinoa, I often think of quinoa bowls. Not that I don’t enjoy it in a soup, salad or a skillet dish, but my favorite way to eat quinoa is mixed with vegetables or meat with a nice drizzle/sauce on top.
And we eat a lot of quinoa in my family, so coming up with new, simple quinoa meals is always fun to me.
The recipe I’m sharing today is a vegetarian (vegan) one, but adding some grilled chicken will make it even better. I’ll definitely add chicken next time.
It is very simple… I cooked some quinoa, roasted some of my favorite vegetables and placed them into a bowl, then made a quick tahini lemon sauce to drizzle on top. The result was amazing!
Tasty, light and delicious. The lemony sauce brought a lot of freshness to this simple dish.
These quinoa bowls are very easy to make and highly customizable. I used cauliflower, carrots, zucchini and Chinese egg plant for my veggies, but you can add any roasted vegetables of your choice. Of course grilled vegetables would work fine, but I just prefer them roasted. And is is pretty cold where I live, so using my oven is much a better option to using my gas grill.
I like pairing tahini with carrots and zucchini, but now I’ve fund out it tastes great with cauliflower and eggplant. This dressing will be great on a green salad, too.
I hope you guys aren’t getting bored with my quinoa recipes, but if you are, please let me know! I could always reduce them.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes (link in the sidebar).
More Quinoa Recipes :
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Roasted Vegetables:
- 2 small zucchini cut into half rounds
- 1 small Chinese eggplant cut into half rounds
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup baby carrots
- Tahini Drizzle: (makes 1/2 cup)
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or honey)
- juice from 1 lemon
- fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- lemon wedges
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive il spray
- Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C). Line 2 small baking sheets with aluminum foil or silpat. Spray sliced zucchini and eggplant with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and line on one of the baking sheets. Spray cauliflower and carrots with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and line on the second sheet. Roast eggplant and zucchini for 20-25 and cauliflower and carrots for 30 minutes until tender.
- Wash and drain quinoa and then place it in a pan with 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Then lower the heat to medium low and cover with a lid. Cook quinoa for about 15 minutes, until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with fork. Season quinoa with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine tahini, olive oil, water, salt, pepper, maple syrup and lemon juice. Whisk to combine.
- Divide quinoa between 2 bowls. Top quinoa with roasted vegetables. Top with tahini drizzle. Add some chopped parsley (optional).