Roasted Red Potatoes With Chipotle Mayo
Easy, lightly seasoned oven roasted red potatoes with chipotle mayo. Good for an appetizer or a side dish.
Hi everyone! How’s your week going?
Yeah, I know! Potatoes + mayo equals a “calorie bomb”! But wait, these potatoes are oven roasted. Plus if you don’t like the combination, you can always serve the potatoes with your favorite dipping sauce.
This is a very lazy recipe. All you need to do is cut potatoes into wedges, season the and bake them in the oven until golden. Then blend mayonnaise with chipotle peppers and you have potatoes to accompany your meal. These could even be served for breakfast.
To season the potatoes I used Mrs Dash Original Blend (not a sponsored post, I just like the product).
What I like about it the most is its rich, but not overpowering flavor and that it is salt free. A blend of your favorite spices would work as well. I added just a little bit of cayenne pepper for some extra flavor.
For those of you, who are out of the US, this is a spice mix, which contains onion, black pepper, parsley, celery seed, basil, bay, marjoram, oregano, savory, thyme, cayenne, coriander, cumin, mustard, rosemary, garlic, carrot, orange peel, tomato, lemonn juice powder, citric acid and oil of lemon.
Chipotle mayo – this works great not only for a dipping sauce, but as a spread on sandwiches or wraps. You’ll need some chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce and also some sauce.
Hope you like it!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- For the roasted potatoes:
- 12 small to medium red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill for garnishing
- For the Chipotle Mayo:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp Adobo sauce (add one more tbsp if you’d like)
- juice from 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/4 tsp each)
- Preheat oven to 400 F (218 C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. In a bowl combine potatoes, olive oil and seasoning. Toss to coat evenly. Transfer to baking sheet and spread out into one layer.
- Roast potatoes for 45 minutes to 1 hour, flipping twice, until golden and fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and season with salt to taste. Garnish with chopped dill.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender )food processor) and blend until smooth.