Mushroom Chicken With Brandy Sauce Recipe
Mushroom Chicken With Brandy Sauce Recipe – tender chicken tenderloins and fresh baby Portobello mushrooms, seared in a pan and cooked with flavorful brandy sauce.
Hey guys, how are you? Ready and excited for the first day of Spring tomorrow?
I’m so ready!
I’ve been happily enjoying the warmer weather this and last week and also trying to think of lighter spring meals.
Today’s dish is also a part of the Blog Hop I’m participating in. I only had to cook one recipe from Bam’s Kitchen, but after visiting her blog I had my eyes on this simple, very flavorful and delicious Mushroom Chicken With Brandy Sauce.
So I decided to just cook a sweet and savory dish from her blog.
This made a perfect Sunday lunch. You can serve it with mashed potatoes if you’d like. I was not sure if I was posting the dish on my blog, so I apologize for the lack of pictures, I was just rushing to cook lunch.
To be honest I have a similar recipe, that I often make, but the difference is that the sauce is made with white wine. When I saw brandy in this one, I knew it was going to be tasty. The sauce is very smooth and aromatic. Totally gluten free and the whole dish comes together in around 30 minutes.
I love mushrooms and used baby Portobello in this chicken dish. The original recipe calls for button mushrooms, just use whatever you prefer.
This is the perfect light dish for the mushroom, chicken and brandy lovers out there.
Thanks for reading Cooking LSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz sliced baby Portobello mushrooms (or mushrooms of your choice)
- 8 chicken tenderloins (or alternatively cut 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts into 4 stripes each)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 – 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup brandy of your choice
- 3/4 cup low sodium, gluten free chicken stock
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Place chicken tenderloins in a p;attic bag and pound until flattened to 1/2 inch (only of needed). Dry well. Season with salt, pepper, thyme and paprika. Set a side.
- In a large pan over medium heat cook onions in olive oil, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and mushrooms. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Cook for for 4-5 minutes, until most of the water from mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook for 2 minutes per side until golden.
- Remove pan from burner and add brandy. Stir the bottom of pan and place back on burner (reduce heat to low).
- Add chicken stock and cook on low for 8 minutes.Chicken should be fully cooked at this point.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water. Add to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, adjust taste and add more cornstarch (mixed with some water) if needed.
- Remove from heat and add butter. Stir to combine.
- Serve warm or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Here is a link to the original recipe I adapted form Bam’s Kitchen, to participate in Food Bloggers Central’s Blog Hop: