Mediterranean Style Rainbow Quinoa Salad
A simple combination of classic Mediterranean flavors, studded with creamy avocado and chunks of feta cheese. Gently seasoned with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.
How was your weekend? Are you in a Holiday mood? Memorial Day?
Our weekend was great! And I’m sorry to admit I did not cook anything, besides this Mediterranean Style Rainbow Quinoa Salad. I decided to just take a break away from the kitchen (eat out…) , which was ok, but this week I’m planning to try more summer recipes.
Everyone knows of my love for quinoa. It is time for another quick and easy quinoa recipe. Greek/Mediterranean salads are my favorite and I love adding different ingredients to them al the time. And quinoa is one of my go to ingredients, when it comes to making nutritious salads.
The reason why I added avocado to this salad is because of its creamy texture, which worked great.
Parsley is optional, but by adding it that taste of this salad reminds me of a popular Bulgarian Shopska Salad. You may skip the parsley if you’d like.
This salad could be made with white quinoa, but this time I used rainbow quinoa.
Crunchy cucumbers, red onions, grape tomatoes, Kalamata olives, yellow bell peppers, creamy avocado, salty feta and rainbow quinoa – that’s what makes this superfood perfect!
This Mediterranean Style Quinoa Salad could be made 1-2 days in advance and kept in an air tight container in the fridge, until ready to eat. Just add the dressing and enjoy!
It is so colorful, the perfect addition to your summer barbecue.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 1 cup uncooked rainbow quinoa
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 Persian cucumbers, cut into small rounds
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- juice from ½ large lemon (or more to taste)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sauce pan bring rinsed quinoa and 1½ cup of water to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Cook quinoa for about 10 minutes, so it is not completely cooked, (al dente quinoa is perfect for salads). Fluff with fork, let it cool to room temperature.
- Combine all ingredients for the salad in a large bowl and mix to combine. Season with salt, black pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Serve.
More Quinoa Recipes: