Quinoa Salad With Snap Peas Radishes and Carrots
This Quinoa Salad With Snap Peas Radishes and Carrots with peanut dressing is light, clean and delicious!
Have you been missing my quinoa recipes lately? I know, I did not post any last week 🙂
But quinoa is back on my blog.
I actually wanted to make an Asian style salad with sugar snap peas and radishes, but then I decided to make it more filling and added some cooked quinoa. This salad is perfect for lunch or a side dish.
I love snap peas, but rarely eat them, don’t ask me why…
I usually sauté them or just blanch them and add them to dishes. They are of course low fat, so you can have as much as you like.
I like to add radishes to salads, especially in spring/early summer, when they grow locally.
But did you know that besides their zing and crunchy texture, they are good for you? They are low in calories, rich in vitamin C and fiber. They help to relieve bloating and also help keep you hydrated.
I’ve made this salad a few times and, while I’ve included a recipe for a peanut dressing, it does taste great if only seasoned with salt, oil and vinegar. Feel free to use a dressing of your choice.
The peanut dressing I’m sharing with you today is light and flavorful and goes great with the salad.
I also thought that this salad will be a great addition to your Easter table!
Hope you enjoy it!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 medium English cucumber
- 2 cups sugar snap peas (1/2 - 3/4 pound)
- 1 large carrot , cut into juliennes
- 1/4 chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and set a side.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add snap peas and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to the bowl with ice cold water.
- In a deep bowl, arrange quinoa, snap peas, carrots, radishes, cucumber and scallions. Top with chopped peanuts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients together. Pour over salad.