Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Boats Recipe
“This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.” Thanks for supporting the brands that make CookingLSL possible!
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Boats Recipe – tender grilled teriyaki chicken breast, brown rice, light pineapple salsa, grilled peppers and crunchy coconut almonds. Impressive dish, which is simple to make and perfect for summer!
Hi guys! Happy Monday!
How was your weekend? Mine was fabulous! Why? Because we finally got some nice weather (you may laugh, but temperatures in the upper 70s are pretty awesome around here)! So we were able to spend some time outside and of course, do some grilling.
I made these Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Boats yesterday.
Super cool looking loaded with delicious ingredients and very simple to make. You don’t even need to marinate the chicken. Just dip it in Teriyaki sauce and cook on the grill. Then add some more teriyaki sauce to it to glaze it.
I love pineapple and use it a lot in cooking. What I like about it is that I can also use it in savory dishes like these bowls. I made pineapple salsa, which requires just a few ingredients and tastes fresh.
I used brown rice for these pineapple bowls, but you can definitely use white or black rice or even quinoa.
I added some grilled mini red peppers, which are usually a staple for my summer barbecue. I serve them as a side for grilled meat.
To add some extra crunch and flavor I topped the bowls with some chopped Blue Diamond Toasted Coconut Almonds. As I’ve mentioned before I really like Blue Diamond Almonds and all the cool flavors and quality nuts they offer. I was pleased when I got to try the Toasted Coconut flavor!
The Toasted Coconut flavor is just perfect for summer! Grab it for a snack at a summer picnic, barbecue or add it to rice bowls, trail mixes or salads. It will bring the ultimate tropical flavor. I’m planning to use these almonds in other dishes all summer long!
I also topped the bowls with coconut flakes, but this is totally optional!
If you are excited about grilling season just as much as I am, you might want to try these bowls. They will be a hit at your next barbecue, I promise you!
- 1 medium pineapple
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup brown basmati rice (you can use instant, fast cooking or regular rice)
- 10 mini peppers
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond Toasted Coconut Almonds, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- For the pineapple salsa:
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- juice from 1/2 lime
- salt to taste
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat 450F.
- Cook rice according to the instructions on the package. Season with salt and cilantro (optional).
- Using a sharp knife, cut pineapple in half lengthwise. Remove the fruit (flesh) using a paring knife and a spoon.
- In a shallow dish place chicken breasts and add 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce. Male sure the chicken is evenly coated in sauce. If chicken is too thick, cut breasts into smaller pieces. (If you have time, you can marinate the chicken for up to 24 hours).
- Grill chicken on medium heat for 7-8 minutes per side. The internal temperature needs to be 165F. Do not overcook the chicken, it will turn too dry.
- Remove from the grill and brush with more teriyaki sauce.
- Cut into pieces.
- Grill peppers at medium-high heat 3-4 minutes per side until charred.
- In a bowl combine chopped pineapple, onion, cilantro and jalapeno. Stir to combine. Season with salt and lime juice.
- Place rice at the bottom of the bowl. Add chicken. Add salsa and roasted peppers.
- Top with chopped almonds and coconut flakes.
- Serve. (Alternatively serve in regular bowls).