Avocado And Shrimp Crostini Recipe
Avocado and Shrimp Crostini Recipe – fast and easy to make, perfect for a healthy snack and great for a party.
Crunchy bread, mashed avocado and lightly seasoned shrimp – I can totally call this lunch or dinner, too!
I’m a huge fan of avocado toast, and this time I made it in its mini version – crostini! This was my dinner on Monday, when I was too lazy to cook!
The weather on Sunday and Monday was pretty warm for this time of the year, in the 40s. We got some sun, yay! I spent a lot of time outdoors with my dog, who is recovering from a knee surgery! It kind of felt like spring is around the corner, even though it is not! We still have a couple more months with chilly weather. Can’t wait for the temperatures to warm up.
You can definitely make this appetizer for game day this weekend. It requires minimal cooking time and tastes delicious. The avocado – shrimp combination is a winner!
Have a great day everyone!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- olive oil for drizzling
- For the shrimp:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined, tail on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt, or more if needed
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- For the avocado spread:
- 2 large ripe avocados, mashed
- juice from 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed (optional)
- parsley for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray. Bake baguette slices for 10-15 minutes, until golden. Take out of the oven and drizzle with a just a little olive oil.
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne and garlic powder.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, until pink. Transfer to a serving plate and squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon over shrimp.
- In a bowl mash avocado and season with salt, pepper and lime juice. Add garlic if you’d like.
- Spread mashed avocado over baked bread and then top each piece with shrimp.
- Garnish with parsley.