Rich chocolate brownie with unique Tiramisu swirl make this Tiramisu Brownie the perfect, hard to resits dessert!
Happy Friday! So glad we are very close to the weekend! And for that reason, I made you some tiramisu brownies!
That’s right – my obsession with tiramisu continues! If you are interested in some more Tiramisu Inspired Recipes, make sure you check this post out. These are a lot of options, I hope you like some of them!
I’ve wanted to make chocolate tiramisu or tiramisu brownie for a while. I found this recipe to be close enough to what I was looking for and decided to give it a try. The result – fudgey, buttery, chocolatey brownie with light mascarpone and egg white swirl. And don’t forget – the signature coffee flavor.I used some instant coffee in the brownie. It tastes amazing both warm and at room temperature. You can store it in the fridge for up to 1 week, or even freeze it.
This brownie could be served with a scoop of ice cream. Which made my experiment and make some Tiramisu ice cream. It is a custard based ice cream, very creamy, tasting just like mascarpone cream. Let me know, if you’d like the recipe, it is very easy to make, I might post it tomorrow of Monday.
Back on this dreamy dessert – I love the thick base and deep chocolate flavor and next time I might increase the amount of ingredients for the swirl, to see what happens. It is the perfect, quick and easy dessert to make and serve at a party. Just hope people around you like chocolate!
Have a great weekend!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 tbsp Nescafe instant coffee
- 8 oz Mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Gran Marnier liqueur (optional)
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler and let it cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Transfer chocolate to the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment. Add butter and beat until incorporated. Add sugar, then slowly add eggs and egg whites, mixing on medium - low speed, until incorporated.
- Add in instant coffee and flour. Mix until just combined, do not over mix.
- Pour batter into baking pan, leaving 1/2 cup a side.
- For the swirl: In a bowl, combine Mascarpone, sugar, egg whites, vanilla and liqueur (optional). Mix until incorporated.
- Using a spatula, spread Mascarpone mixture over the chocolate one. Spoon over the remaining brownie batter and using a fork of wooden skewer, swirl the brownie batter into the Mascarpone layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes (Baking time may vary), until center is set and brownies start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Let it cool completely in the pan, before slicing and serving.
- Serve with a scoop of Tiramisu ice cream.
Recipe adapted from Roxana's Home Baking.
Nutritional info does not include the ice cream.