Raw Vegan Raffaello Truffles Recipe
Raw Vegan Raffaello Truffles Recipe- a healthier, quilt-free version of a popular candy. Made with cashews, coconut cream, coconut oil, maple syrup, shredded coconut and raw almonds.
Hey guys! Hope you don’t get bored with the vegan desserts, I’ve been posting lately.
Everything I share is tested and I always make sure that I do not sacrifice any flavor and all these healthier treats still taste delicious. This Raw Vegan Raffaello Truffles Recipe is the perfect example.
Of course these do not taste like the real Raffaello Candy, but the flavors are similar.
I even added an almond inside each truffle, but you can definitely leave it out, if you’d like.
So “real Raffello truffles” are made with dry milk, butter, white sugar and wafers and they are one of my all time favorite candy.
I avoid buying them because, you know – I usually eat the whole box…
And now I need to slowly get back in shape, so I had to make the healthier version.
I don’t need to loose weight, but just start to exercise and eat healthier, if possible.
This has been the longest time for me without exercise… Right after I had the baby. But I’m now ready to move forward.
The idea for this Raw Vegan Raffaello Truffles Recipe came after I was talking to a friend about vegan treats and she told me she made a cake, which tasted like “Raffaello truffles”. Then I knew I had to make these Raw Vegan Raffaello Truffles.
The ingredients for them are pretty basis – cashews, shredded coconut, coconut oil, maple syrup and coconut cream (not coconut milk).
I soaked the cashews on hot water for 1 hour. This is called quick soak and after I processed them in the food processor until they were finely ground, their texture was just the perfect addition to the truffle mixture.
I used Trader Joe’s coconut cream (chilled), but you can just use a can of full fat coconut milk. Place the coconut milk in the fridge overnight, then turn upside down, open and scoop out the thick coconut cream, which should be on top.
After mixing all ingredients together, I then chilled the mixture for 15-30 minutes, so it is easier to work with. It it still appears runny, you can add 1-2 tbsp shredded coconut.
Roll into balls, with an almond inside, roll into shredded coconut and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews , quick soaked for 1 hour in hot water, then drained and rinsed with cold water
- 1/3 cup coconut cream (not coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup finely shredded coconut + more to roll the candy
- 16 raw almonds (can use peeled almonds)
- Place cashews in a food processor and process until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add coconut cream, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and 1 cup shredded coconut. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until hard.
- Remove from the fridge and scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the mixture for each truffle.
- Place an almond in the middle and roll into a ball. Roll into shredded coconut.
- Place on a parchment paper lined tray and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Keep refrigerated. You can skip soaking the cashews, but by soaking them the texture of the candy is smoother and they are easier digested.
You May Also Like: