Oven Baked Potato Wedges
These seasoned, oven baked potato wedges are the perfect side for a cold beer. They are a better than french fries, since they are baked. Just another great and tasty alternative to popular french fries.
I recommend that you part boil potatoes a few hours or a day in advance, which helps them cook more quickly in the oven.
- 3 medium gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- For garnishing:
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- Part boil potatoes for 20 minutes and let them cool. (You can do this step 1-2 days in advance and refrigerate them). Cut into wedges.
- Mix salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder and sprinkle over potatoes. Add olive oil, making sure each wedge is evenly coated with spices and oil.
- Preheat oven to 430 F.
- Line baking sheets with aluminum foil (or parchment paper) and place potatoes on sheets.
- Bake on 430 F (220 C) for around 40 minutes or until golden, turning potato wedges once.
- Serve with parsley and parmesan cheese on top and a side of ketchup.