Original Yellow Cupcakes Recipe
Original Yellow Cupcakes Recipe – moist, easy to make with creamy and delicious chocolate frosting.
Original yellow cupcakes recipe – these are actually the first kind of cupcakes I ever tried, long, long time ago. They also pair amazing with milk chocolate frosting. That’s what I have for you today – a simple, classic recipe for yellow cupcakes. The creamy and buttery milk chocolate frosting is just perfect for these yellow cupcakes. I just made them for my husband’s birthday party 2 weeks ago and thought I should share the recipe with you. I know they are not good for your beach body, but almost everyone gets to eat a cupcake every once in a while.
I’ve also made this yellow cupcakes recipe with my favorite Prague frosting, which contains condensed milk and they turned out amazing. If you’d like the recipe for the Prague frosting, you can find it in this post.
I wanted to share with you a few tricks I have for baking the perfect cupcakes:
All ingredients for the cupcake batter should be at room temperature.
Batter shouldn’t be over mixed and cupcakes shouldn’t be over baked.
I always sift the flour, which makes cupcakes extra fluffy. If possible use whole cow’s milk, this way cupcakes taste moist and rich.
In this version to my recipe I make the yellow cupcakes with milk, but I’ve made them with yogurt over the years and they taste pretty good that way too. If you are interested in my other recipe, I can share it in a different post.
You don’t need to pipe the frosting, a plain spatula can do it, I just wanted to practice my cupcake decorating skills.
don’t forget to follow me on:
and sigh up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes (link in the sidebar)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Milk chocolate Frosting: (Recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction)
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp heavy cream or milk
- sprinkles for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream butter and sugar until creamed together, scraping the walls of the bowl.
- Add eggs one by one, and then add vanilla extract. Beat until just combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mixing on low speed, start adding flour and milk in three additions, alternating and mixing until just incorporated. (Do not over mix batter).
- Transfer batter to cupcake liners, filling them about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake at 350 F (180 C) for 18-20 minutes. Toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. (Do not over bake).
- Leave cupcakes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack until they cool completely.
- Meanwhile prepare the milk chocolate frosting:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment beat butter for 3 minutes on high speed until light and creamy.
- Turn speed down to low and add confectioners' sugar, salt and cocoa powder. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Turn speed to medium and add vanilla and milk (heavy cream). Beat for another minute.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto completely cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
- Store in an air-tight container in refrigerator for 6-7 days.