This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Keto Bread Recipe – Four Ways – quick and simple way to make low carb, individual keto bread rolls, in ramekins and just a few healthy ingredients.
What is Keto bread?
Ketogenic bread, unlike regular bread is made with no flour, has almost no carbs, contains no sugar and gluten.
You can have as much as you’d like, without the fattening and blood sugar elevating factor that you get with regular grain bread.
High fat, low carb bread made with almond and coconut flour, (it could be made with just coconut flour if you have nut allergy, but the recipes will differ), eggs, baking powder, melted butter and some almond milk, to thin the dough.
It is soft and fluffy, filling and has a stable but moist texture.
How to make the best ketogenic bread?
You can either bake it in the microwave for 90 seconds or in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
The the-easiest, the-best kept bread recipe I’ve ever tried.
There are four different options available – you can make cheese keto bread, broccoli ketogenic bread, bacon and spinach and feta.
And of course you can leave it as it is, if you prefer plain kept bread rolls.
What ingredients do you need to make keto bread?
This keto bread is made with just 6 ingredients:
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- melted butter
- almond milk or coconut milk from a carton, not the canned type
- baking powder
- salt (optional)
The additional ingredients that you may add to this easy Keto bread:
- cheese (I used white cheddar, but mozzarella would work, too!)
- finely chopped broccoli
- feta cheese
What is the keto diet?
Keto diet- The ketogenic diet is a very low-carb, high-fat diet. Typical ketogenic diets consist of limiting carbohydrate intake to just 20–30 net grams per day and following a special ketogenic diet food list.
Let me know what other Keto recipe you’d like to see next
I’ve been on it for a couple months now and decided to share some of the recipes I’ve been using for those of you interested.
What I personally like about the diet for right now is that it is super easy to follow and the food is delicious. This Keto bread is the perfect example.
There is a microwave option for this keto bread recipe, that I’ve included in the instructions, but I prefer to take the extra time and bake it in the oven.
The smell is amazing and I personally don’t like to use my microwave.
I’ve actually tried quite a few keto bread recipes and while there are some really great ones, this one is super easy and quick to make.
I’ll probably share some of my other recipes, but for now let’s stick with quick and easy.
You can use this keto bread just as you do regular bread rolls, but you can also make sandwiches, toast or croutons.
Non Eggy Keto Bread
This is the type of Ketogenic bread (aka 90 second bread) that may have some eggy smell. It is not overpowering by any means. Looking to make this easy keto bread recipe in a large bread loaf pan? I’ve created a variation, that does not taste eggy at all. You can find it here: Keto Bread Loaf (pictured below).
What to serve with this Ketogenic bread?
Keto Bread Recipe - Four Ways
- 1 tbsp chopped bacon, for the bacon bread
- 1 tbsp shredded cheese, for the cheese bread
- 1 tbsp finely chopped broccoli, for the broccoli bread
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spinach, for the spinach and feta bread
- 1 tbsp crumbled feta cheese, for the spinach and feta bread
For the plain keto bread:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease a ramekin with butter or olive oil spray.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl, then add the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, salt, milk and butter. Stir to combine. Add the add ins of you are using any - cheese for the cheese bread, bacon for the bacon bread, broccoli for the broccoli bread or feta and spinach for the spinach bread.
- Spoon the mixture into the ramekin and bake for 10-15 min at 400F or microwave on high for 90 sec. It takes 12 minutes to bake the bread in the oven. Let them cool for 5 minutes, then invert the ramekins and take the bread out.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.