Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe – sweet and refreshing cocktail, loaded with frozen strawberries, perfect for a hot summer evening. Made with simple ingredients like strawberries, Bacardi white rum, simple syrup and lime juice.
It is strawberry season. Just before Memorial Day and the beginning of summer and grilling season.
I’m starting to crave some homemade cocktails and decided to share with you my new favorite – Strawberry Daiquiri (Frozen).
This cocktail originates from Cuba and it is very popular Worldwide. Skip the alcohol (rum) and add some soda water (sparkling water) to make a “virgin” daiquiri “mocktail”.
What is Strawberry Daiquiri ?
Daiquiri or Daiquiry?
Daiquiri(s) – this is a family of cocktails whose main ingredients are rum, citrus juice (typically lime juice), and sugar or other sweetener.
It does not need to be frozen, it could be made “shaken”. It is written “Daiquiri” with an “i” at the end.
Strawberry Daiquiri is the most popular form of the classic cocktail. A classic daiquiri is made with light rum, lime juice and simple syrup, shaken with ice.
What’s the difference between a frozen margarita and a daiquiri?
While these cocktails call for pretty similar ingredients, the main difference is the type of liquor used. Margarita is made with tequila and Daiquiri is made with rum. Margarita is a little stronger to me, since I’m not a tequila drinker.
Bacardi frozen strawberry daiquiri mix
Have you seen the Bacardi frozen strawberry daiquiri mix? While I prefer to make my meals and drinks from scratch, a lot of people love this mix.
How to make a strawberry daiquiri frozen?
So what’s in a Strawberry Daiquiri?
The answer is – just a few simple ingredients. Here is what goes in this delicious summer drink:
- Frozen Strawberries
- Simple Syrup
- White Rum
- Lime Juice
- Fresh Strawberries (for garnishing)
- Mint Leaves (for garnishing)
- Lime Wedges (for garnishing)
- Add frozen strawberries, lime juice, rum and simple syrup to a food processor or a powerful blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and garnish with fresh strawberries, lime wedges and mint. Serve immediately.
For a shaken Strawberry Daiquiri:
You need to use strawberry puree, if planning to make the shaken version.
Gather all ingredients in a blender with 1/2 cup of ice. Shake well. Strain into a glass. Serve.
- Use a powerful blender to make the drink smooth and pleasant.
- Serve right away, because this cocktail melts and changes texture quickly.
- For best results : Use a good quality white (light) rum like Bacardi (not sponsored). If possible, use freshly squeezed lime juice. Adding a splash of sparkling water to thin the cocktail is possible. Sugar-free simple syrup, Maple Syrup or Agave nectar can be substituted for regular simple syrup.
- If you don’t have frozen strawberries, you can still make “frozen daiquiri”. Use fresh strawberries and ice instead. For 2 drinks, use 250-300 grams of fresh strawberries and 1 cup of ice.
More Strawberry Recipes:
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Banana Strawberry and Kiwi Smoothie
- Easy Fresh Strawberry Margarita
- Sugar-Free Strawberry Smash Cocktail
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
- 300 grams Frozen strawberries
- 30 ml Simple syrup — can use sugar free
- 120 ml Light rum
- Juice from 1 lime
- Fresh strawberries for garnishing
- Lime wedges for garnishing
- Fresh mint for garnishing
Add frozen strawberries, lime juice, rum and simple syrup to a food processor or a powerful blender.
Blend until smooth.
Pour into 2 glasses and garnish with fresh strawberries, lime wedges and mint. Serve immediately.
What a terrific idea !