This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sugar-Free Strawberry Smash Cocktail – quick and easy to make summer cocktail ready in two minutes with six basic ingredients. Fresh and delicious!
While I haven’t been drinking alcohol lately, I decided to treat myself with a nice, sugar-free strawberry smash cocktail. made with vodka, fresh, ripe strawberries, liquid stevia, mint, ice and sparkling water.
I’m on a sugar-free diet, that’s why I used liquid stevia to sweeten this strawberry smash.
If you are not concerned with sugar, you can use about an ounce of simple syrup.
Honestly, when strawberries are good quality and in season, I don’t even feel the urge to sweeten this cocktail. I enjoy it with the little sweetness that strawberries add.
Yes, I’m still on keto diet. I know what you are thinking …
Can you have alcohol on keto? The short answer is – yes! But it depends on what kind of alcohol. Luckily vodka has zero calories in it, which makes it perfect for summer cocktails like this Sugar-Free Strawberry Smash.
Tequila is also great for sugar-free, low-carb cocktails like this Blood Orange Margarita.
I used to make a great strawberry rum smash, but now I stay away from the rum and use good old vodka!
What really is a smash cocktail?
A smash is a muddled drink, that includes spirit, sweetener, herb, seasonal fruit (optional), ice and water or sparkling water in this case. These cocktails are super easy to make, even for unexperienced cocktail makers and perfect for summer!
How to make a strawberry smash cocktail?
You’ve got two options – make a big batch in a pitcher or make individual cocktails in glasses. Since I made this keto Sugar-Free Strawberry Smash Cocktail for myself, I made it in a glass.
The basic steps to make a smash cocktail are:
- In a glass, add the fresh strawberries and mint. Add sweetener (liquid stevia in this recipe). Muddle so the strawberries release some juice, but don’t break the mint leaves too much. You can now remove the mint leaves or leave them in the glass.
- Add vodka.
- Add ice
- Top with sparkling water.
- Taste. Add more sweetener if needed.
Sugar-Free Strawberry Smash Cocktail
- 2 oz vodka
- 1/2 tsp liquid Stevia, or more to taste
- 2/3 cup ice
- 1 1/2 cup sparkling water
- 4 strawberries, large
- 6 mint leaves
- In a glass, add the fresh strawberries and mint. Add sweetener (liquid stevia in this recipe). Muddle so the strawberries release some juice, but don't break the mint leaves too much. You can now remove the mint leaves or leave them in the glass.
- Add vodka.Add iceTop with sparkling water.Stir.
- Taste and add more sweetener if needed.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.