Easy Blood Orange Sorbet Recipe
Easy Blood Orange Sorbet Recipe – simple to make with bright concentrated flavor and sweet taste, this sorbet is just amazing!
I believe it is the perfect time to make a citrus flavored dessert. Blood oranges are easy to find here in the US at this time of the year. The recipe is super simple and calls for just a few easy to find ingredients.
You do need an ice cream maker to churn this sorbet.
While I’ve seen a lot of “no ice cream maker required” recipes in the web, this does not apply to this one. To achieve the finest-textured ice crystals, you need to use an ice cream maker. What is important also is the amount of sugar used in the recipe. It is a crucial factor for a great texture and finest crystals. While I love my ice cream (and desserts) on the less sweet side I did use more sugar than usual in this recipe. Feel free to experiment.
This sorbet has a beautiful rich color and tartly sweet taste. It tastes great on its own, but can be served as an addition to any dessert. You can also make floats with it.
This recipe is inspired by my Homemade Strawberry Sorbet Recipe. Hope you enjoy it!
- 2 cups blood orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar (reduce to 1/2 if desired)
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add sugar and whisk until dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Add blood orange juice and lemon juice. Whisk to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer's instructions. I own a 1.5-quart ice cream maker and it took 15 minutes to freeze this amount of sorbet., resembling soft texture.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a container and freeze until firm.
More Frozen Treats