Crepes With Whipped Chocolate Coconut Cream
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk.
Thin, homemade crepes with whipped chocolate coconut cream and fresh strawberries. Perfect for a weekend breakfast or dessert. Made with Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Vanilla Unsweetened.
Hi guys! Happy Wednesday!
I remember sharing with you, that I’m usually lazy, when it comes to cooking breakfast. Granola bars, granola or just some toast are my saviors. I also prefer my breakfast light, most of the time. Crepes anyone?
By now, you already know that I love crepes. I usually make them for breakfast on the weekend. I’ve posted a few recipes already, so feel free to refer to these posts for more tips, if you are not experienced crepes maker. I served mine with whipped chocolate coconut cream, but you can enjoy them with just berries, honey, powdered sugar, jam or chocolate.
I made these with Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Vanilla Unsweetened. It tastes light, with a fine coconut vanilla flavor. Made with real almonds and coconut. No cholesterol, soy, lactose, gluten and MSG free. It is vegan and perfect to use in any of your favorite recipes. Add it to coffee, make a smoothie with it or use it in cooking.
I was in a mood for crepes, filled with chocolate coconut whipped cream and topped with toasted coconut flakes, so that’s what I made for breakfast on Saturday. The recipe makes more than 10 crepes (8 inch in diameter each). You can either make them all at once, or reserve some of the batter for the next day, when you can prepare some fresh ones.
The whipped coconut cream paired perfectly with these crepes, because they were made with almondmilk coconutmilk blend, the flavors are awesome. I added a tablespoon of raw cacao powder and some sweetener (powdered sugar) to the whipped cream, to make it sweet and chocolatey.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 2 cups flour + 2 tbsp
- 2 cups Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk Vanilla Almond Coconut milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil , melted
- pinch of salt
- cooking spray to oil the pan
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut cream, you can use half of it, if you'd like, chilled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes
- fresh strawberries for serving
- I recommend putting all ingredients for the crepes in a blender and blending it until smooth. I you prefer not to use a blender, you can beat eggs in a large bowl, adding water, milk, coconut oil and salt. Add flour and keep beating until smooth.
- Spray a nonstick skillet (I am using an 8 inch, 20cm skillet) with cooking spray. Set heat on medium. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the center of the skillet. (The amount of batter to make a thin crepe in 8 inch skillet is around ¼ cup, just use a small ladle to pour it). Lift and tilt the pan to coat the bottom evenly. When top starts to look dry, turn crepe using a thin spatula and cook the other side for 20-30 seconds more. Repeat the same process with all the remaining batter. Spray with cooking spray to coat the skillet each time. Make sure you don’t stack hot crepes on top of each other.
- Transfer coconut cream to a mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer on medium high for 30 seconds. Add sugar, vanilla and cacao powder. Beat for 1-2 more minutes on medium high, until whipped. Adjust sweetness. Refrigerate if you are not using right away.
- If coconut flakes are not toasted, toast them in a skillet over low medium heat, until golden.
- Spread chocolate coconut whipped cream over a crepe. Fold and top with coconut flakes. Dust with cacao powder and serve with fresh strawberries.