Berry Cheesecake Crepes
Berry Cheesecake Crepes – filled with fresh berries and light and creamy cheesecake filing. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
This recipe is inspired by one of my favorite breakfast restaurants.
As much as I love crepes and enjoy making them, I really like to go out to brunch on the weekend. These crepes taste so fresh and delicious and I order them all the time, when we go to this place.
Finally I thought it was time to make them at home. They are super easy and quick to make and look and taste amazing.
What I like about these crepes – the fresh berry topping and light berry cheesecake filling. Low fat cream cheese is mixed with low fat plain yogurt, maple syrup and fresh berries. Then it is blended in a food processor, until smooth. The consistency shouldn’t be very thick, almost like a sauce. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. It is like no bake cheesecake inside these crepes.
I spread some filling over each crepe and I also like to add some fresh berries, before rolling (or folding) the crepes.
I’m in love with the fresh berries this time of the year and honestly can’t get enough of them. And adding them to crepes makes the perfect treat for spring and summer.
Homemade crepes – I enjoy making them! Thin and buttery. If you haven’t made crepes before, just make sure you stick to the recipe and use a good, non stick skillet. I personally have two go to recipes, when it comes to crepes and the difference is in the amount of eggs. I did use 4 eggs for these crepes.
Top with some of the berry cheesecake filling and of course maple syrup for extra sweetness.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
Berry Cheesecake Crepes - fancy and delicious, great for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- pinch of salt
- additional butter or cooking spray for the crepes
- 6 oz low fat cream cheese softened
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 large strawberries , sliced
- fresh berries
- maple syrup
- I recommend putting all ingredients for the crepes in a blender and blending it until well combined. I you prefer not to use a blender, you can beat eggs in a large bowl, adding water, milk, butter and salt. Add flour and keep beating until smooth.
- In a nonstick skillet (I am using an 8 inch, 20cm skillet), melt a small piece of butter over medium heat. Pour 3 tablespoons of batter into the center of the skillet. (The amount of batter to make a thin crepe in 8 inch skillet is around 1/4 cup, just use a small ladle to pour it). Lift and tilt the pan to coat the bottom evenly. When top starts to look dry, turn crepe using a thin spatula and cook the other side for 20-30 seconds more. Repeat the same process with all the remaining batter. Use some butter to coat the skillet each time. Make sure you don’t stack hot crepes on top of each other.
- Combine cream cheese, yogurt, lemon juice and maple syrup in a blender and blend until smooth. Add berries and pulse 2-3 more times.
- Spread 1-2 tbsp (or more) filling over each crepe, add 2-3 blackberries, 1 sliced strawberry and 5-6 blueberries per crepe and roll. Top with more sauce and fresh berries. Serve with maple syrup.