Almond Oat Cheesecake Filled Crepes
Happy Friday everyone! I just can’t get enough of these almond oat cheesecake filled crepes!
They have a great texture, nutty taste and the cheesecake filling made them look like a fancy dessert.
Although I love my original recipe for crepes, I really wanted to try a different healthier alternative like almond oat crepes.
Surprisingly these turned out delicious and very easy to make.
I wasn’t sure what we are going to have them with, but I remembered wanting to try a simple cheesecake filling I saw on Pinterest long time ago, and it paired perfectly with my almond oat crepes.
I also topped my them with fresh raspberries and some maple syrup, but feel free to use your favorite fresh fruit or even jam.
I made these for a late breakfast last saturday and my husband (who only likes banana Nutella crepes) loved them!
“Late breakfast”, because I woke up very early and had to have one of my Overnight Oats as my early breakfast!
The good thing is that you can have these for breakfast or dessert (any time), they can be enjoyed with your favorite filling and also have texture similar to crepes made with only regular flour.
They are loaded with extra fiber from both almond and oat flour.
Unfortunately, my version is not gluten free, since I had to mix in some all purpose flour, to I make sure they can be turned easily in the pan and also folded later.
I also used unsweetened almond vanilla milk, which enhanced the almond and vanilla flavors even more.
(You can definitely use low fat dairy milk).
I prefer using natural sweetener (maple syrup) in the cheesecake filling, but regular sugar can be substituted in the cream cheese filling.
An important trick for making good crepes is definitely having the right recipe, but it is also nice to have a good non stick skillet.
Also I only touch them with a rubber spatula, when I have to turn them.
I recommend you use oil spray to grease the skillet, instead of dabs of butter.
This recipe only yields 8 crepes, but if you are planning to feed a crowd, ingredients can be doubled of tripled.
Solid breakfast is important and this recipe is great for the weekend, when you have some extra time to make crepes!
don’t forget to follow me on:
and sigh up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes (link in the sidebar)
- Almond Oat Crepes:
- 1/2 almond meal flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk (2% dairy milk can be substituted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- cooking spray (I use Misto)
- Cheesecake filling:
- 6 oz low fat cream cheese softened
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Maple syrup for serving
- Powder sugar for garnishing
- Crepes: In a large bowl whisk egg, milk and vanilla extract. Add salt, oat, almond and regular flour and whisk until smooth and incorporated.
- Preheat a large non stick skillet over medium low heat. Very lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Pour around 1/4 cup batter into the pan and swirl to evenly spread it in the pan. Cook until edges of the crepe easily come off the pan, start turning golden and crepe is set. Using a rubber spatula carefully turn crepe and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from pan and set a side. Repeat process with the remaining batter.
- Cheesecake filling: While crepes are cooking or after that, prepare cream cheese filling. In the bowl of a stand mixer, with paddle attachment mix cream cheese, maple syrup, yogurt, vanilla ext rat and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of cheesecake filling onto each crepe, fold and top with fresh raspberries. Optional: serve with powder sugar or (and) maple syrup.